1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer Proficiency

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by yenrod, 23 May 2008.

1. yenrod

yenrod Guest

How computer proficient are you :blush:

2. longers

longers Veteran

It's taken me four weeks to get back online after moving house - so not very proficient at all :blush:.

3. Crackle

Crackle Pah Staff Member

Very ....... unfortunately.

4. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

grno nosvn onsef

5. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

On a scale of 1 to 100, I'm 67.45;)

6. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

i use a mac, so depending upon whom you ask, either very or quite the opposite.

7. barq

barq Senior Member

I never use computers.

8. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

A lot more than I was 4 years ago when I had never even touched a keyboard. But I am still firmly in the PC numptie category.

9. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

shockingly un-proficient that much considering I work with them. :biggrin: It's amazing what you can get away with :biggrin:
    I know for one thing I constantly get asked by people to 'have a look at' their computer because they think it 'might have some kind of virus'. How the f**k am I supposed to know how to fix it? :wacko:

10. Night Train

Night Train Guest

I've been using computers since the mid eighties. I know how to use them but I don't know how to fix then or what they do inside. Each time I look inside I can't see where the gears and shafts and moving bits are so I close it up again and stop thinking about it.

11. I peeped inside mine and saw a scene from Metropolis being acted out - shut the side quicksmart.:biggrin:

Nothing - just design bits and bobs now and again...:wacko:

12. gbb

gbb Legendary Member

Moderately proficient..until i compare myself with SWMBO:sad:

I can replace and install hardware, but cannot really be bothered to sort virus's, software problems, malware, adware etc etc. (no patience ultimately)

Now...SWMBO will spend HOURS on a problem, and wont give in till it's sorted..if all else fails, she uses Hijack logs to identify where the problem is, then sorts it. She's rarely been beat.

13. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

I spent a decade working in ever more technical positions from first line helpdesk to floor support to app support to system implementation. Having worked with all major platforms, systems and environments in some of the largest investment banks in the world I can call myself an expert without feeling that I am blowing my own trumpet.

That said it has been three years now since I was in a technical job so I'm not as sharp on that side as I once was but I still know enough to be able to effectively order the muppet's other teams around though! :biggrin:

14. red_tom

red_tom New Member

cat /dev/null > domtyler

Ha!

15. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

tree hugging hippy :biggrin: