Computer Proficiency

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
It's taken me four weeks to get back online after moving house - so not very proficient at all :blush:.

Bigtallfatbloke

A lot more than I was 4 years ago when I had never even touched a keyboard. But I am still firmly in the PC numptie category.

bonj2

shockingly un-proficient that much considering I work with them. :biggrin: It's amazing what you can get away with :biggrin:
I know for one thing I constantly get asked by people to 'have a look at' their computer because they think it 'might have some kind of virus'. How the f**k am I supposed to know how to fix it? :wacko:

Night Train

Maker of Things
I've been using computers since the mid eighties. I know how to use them but I don't know how to fix then or what they do inside. Each time I look inside I can't see where the gears and shafts and moving bits are so I close it up again and stop thinking about it.

gbb

Legendary Member
Moderately proficient..until i compare myself with SWMBO:sad:

I can replace and install hardware, but cannot really be bothered to sort virus's, software problems, malware, adware etc etc. (no patience ultimately)

Now...SWMBO will spend HOURS on a problem, and wont give in till it's sorted..if all else fails, she uses Hijack logs to identify where the problem is, then sorts it. She's rarely been beat.

domtyler

Über Member
I spent a decade working in ever more technical positions from first line helpdesk to floor support to app support to system implementation. Having worked with all major platforms, systems and environments in some of the largest investment banks in the world I can call myself an expert without feeling that I am blowing my own trumpet.

That said it has been three years now since I was in a technical job so I'm not as sharp on that side as I once was but I still know enough to be able to effectively order the muppet's other teams around though! :biggrin:

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

domtyler said:
I spent a decade working in ever more technical positions from first line helpdesk to floor support to app support to system implementation. Having worked with all major platforms, systems and environments in some of the largest investment banks in the world I can call myself an expert without feeling that I am blowing my own trumpet.

That said it has been three years now since I was in a technical job so I'm not as sharp on that side as I once was but I still know enough to be able to effectively order the muppet's other teams around though! :biggrin:

So thats where the dictational side comes from - i see you now as a formidable exponent :tired:

No seriously - reckon your all soft and goey when you get home to the babe and sprog: aint ya, eh lad ! :wacko:

On a totally different slant - I had a computer explained to me by a mate who knows ALL about them and now Im an expert too ! :tired::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I know the medium level stuff and would luv to rid this bugger im on now of 40gb worth of sh@te she's got on it for some inane reason...

Maybe i'll have a slip of the finger once and rope my IT mate in so she cant say anything..the wiping of the 40gb of crap would make it go a whole lot quicker ! Defrag it and it loses the i.net connection and dont even think of doing a virus check :biggrin: = broken life-line.

Top Bottom