Computer rather than phone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flasharry

I have been using free ride with gps on android phone. It does most of what i need. If i got wahoo would that upload to my exiting library of rides in ride with gps?
The other question is, what additional sensors ,if any, are needed for good calorie counter.

tom73

Guru
Yes uploads them no problem.
What sensors have you got ? Calorie use when out riding is not 100% anyway.
But based on an estimate using a number of things and depends what app or device you're using.

vickster

Legendary Member
Strava on your phone will give you as good a guess on calories as any device, none can do it with any degree of accuracy or certainty

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
As above, Strava is as good as anything. I take calorie calculations with big pinch of salt. I tend not bother 're calories.

vickster

Legendary Member
Depending on the terrain, how hard you ride, and your weight you could guess at 30-50 calories a mile. If weight loss is your aim, don’t bank those miles so you can eat more calories 👍

OP
OP
F

Flasharry

I guess the calulation does not know about the efficiency or otherwise of your bike. E.g. decent road bike v tatty moutainbike. One burns ess fuel/cals than the other.
If you could enter your model a factor from a lookup table could bring a step change in accuracy.

I have been using free ride with gps on android phone. It does most of what i need. If i got wahoo would that upload to my exiting library of rides in ride with gps?
The other question is, what additional sensors ,if any, are needed for good calorie counter.
A Heart Rate Monitor will enable an app like Garmin Connect/ Strava/ Ride With GPS etc to make a better prediction of the effort you are putting in (calories you are burning). The Strava app on the phone no longer support HRM's though, a ride recorded with a computer does though. Remember though they are only predictions :okay:

Top Bottom