Computer that doesn't leak?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ASC1951

Guru
My Oktos has finally packed in after a wet winter. Are there any makes that don't let in water at all, or do I just have to remember to grease the battery cover and accept that none of them last more than a couple of seasons in the wet?

I see that the top Cateye doesn't have any buttons at all but I suppose water will still get in round the battery.

I've had my Cateye (not sure what model, cost about £30) for almost three years and it's never failed and I'm on the bike all through winter as well.

I've got a cheap Raleigh Echo Wireless on my commuter and its never given me a problem, its used all year round. Except that if the rain/ sleet/ snow was heavy the sensor battery needs to relatively new. On my Winter Bike, Ive got a Cateye Microwireless and its never given me a problem either and its used in all conditions.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I have had a cateye enduro 2 now for about 4 years used all year round, no problems with water.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Cateye Vecra user x 2 here (old model) - both over 12 years old - work fine. Sometimes stop in hissing rain due to water in between the computer and bracket shorting the signal, remove refit and then fine.

Rob S

My VDO C2 is great in the wet, both in terms of the unit's waterproofing and the contacts not getting wet (which was always a problem with my Cateye OS1.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I have a Sigma BC906 tat has been out in very wet weather and still works. Its been dropper many times and hasnt broke. Looking at it now there is only 2 small marks on it and thats about it.
It also looks smart(or so i think)

mondobongo

Über Member
I have a Sigma BC 1106 which has had no problems even on an all day epic in pretty foul weather more than can be said for my mobile which died.

Top Bottom