Computers on Turbo Trainers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrs Bear

I have ordered a turbo trainer and just realised that I won't be able to use my Specialized wireless computer with it. I am assuming it is not going to work if I put the sensor on the back and leave the display on the handlebars.

What do all of you do for logging mileage etc on your turbo trainers?

Thanks.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I have ordered a turbo trainer and just realised that I won't be able to use my Specialized wireless computer with it. I am assuming it is not going to work if I put the sensor on the back and leave the display on the handlebars.

What do all of you do for logging mileage etc on your turbo trainers?

Thanks.

I dont have a trainer, but, I'd use my Garmin which has a rear wheel mounted speed sensor. You could mount the sensor on the back wheel and then cable tie or tape the computer to the seatpost, and then look at it when you are done? Or on the top tube if it will get a signal, mounted rightbetweenyour legs so you can look down at it?

You arent going to be staring at it all the time and you arent going anywhere so you can afford the time to look between your legs at it without worrying about pot holes or traffic etc

monkeypony

Speed and distance are not really useful on a turbo trainer anyway. Cadence and heart rate are pretty useful for training so I'd get a computer with cadence and a HR monitor.

Top Bottom