Condor Frames.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

outlash

also available in orange
I have a mate who was lucky to buy a Frat (old-ish model in Beige) for next to nothing last year which I've had a couple of rides on. It's nice in that steel-y, cruising along the roads feel you get, but I don't think it's massively different to my Genesis with it's 520 tubing. Saying that, if I had the money, I'd have a Frat disc in a heartbeat.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I have their Tempo, which is, I believe, a Fratello configured as a fixie. Although I'm maybe not the most active cyclist on here, I am delighted with it: it just "feels" great to ride - though I acknowledge that's maybe the fact it fits me so well, rather than any steel magic. Have done maybe 12 or 15,000 miles on it I suppose.

vickster

Legendary Member
Nope, I'd love their gran fondo Ti

I ride a Genesis equilibrium in burnt orange, lovely to ride (more comfortable than my carbon I'd say), see if you can find one of those (I got mine built up by a friend, the frame and fork was £400 new)

image.jpeg

Yes, dr_pink on here, my better half has the egg shell blue Fratello bought in November 2012, she uses it for commuting and touring. She loves it, when the panniers come off she often says it feels like a new bike and she can really crack on at some speed. The lovely thing about steel is that they are so quiet.

vickster

Legendary Member
Oh that's a shame
Genesis did have a wsd model, not sure which one

The thing with a condor steel frame is that it will last and hold its value, so look at it as an investment ;)

If you think £700 is a lot don't look at the gran fondo titanium :ohmy:

outlash

also available in orange
What do you mean?

We've talked about this once or twice before. Lushness personified. They don't have your size, I don't the finances. It's a doomed romance :smile:.

vickster

Legendary Member
We've talked about this once or twice before. Lushness personified. They don't have your size, I don't the finances. It's a doomed romance :smile:.
Ah ok. I'd have bought one if they did have my size. I've still not made it to the shop to see whether they have the one I tested. And given how little I'm going to be able to cycle this year, I'll stick with the current fleet

The Genesis is proving an admirable winter ride

vickster

Legendary Member
If anyone sees one been advertised or has a mate that's selling one in an Orange 49 , decent condition, then please let me know. I'm in London on the 13th in that area and might have a wander across to the shop. Somehow I dont think they would be haggled down in price.
No but they do often have built bikes in their showroom at a discount :smile: (which aren't on the website)

It's a shame you need the 49cm, there's a sale 46 here in Orange http://www.condorcycles.com/products/condor-fratello-frameset-sale

Longer stem, layback seatpost...

vickster

Legendary Member
Thanks, thats the 46 I mentioned. I want the correct size to start with thanks, I've been down the road with many ill fitting bikes in my time and have put that behind me.
Ah ok, missed that

You could certainly ask Condor if they'll do anything on price. Are you thinking of getting a full build from them?

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
I picked up an old Condor in 531ST tubing for £15 a few months ago. I guess it was a fast commuter/touring model from late 70's or early 80's.A lovely retro 12 speed with down shifters. It was absolutely huge so no use to me at all - but I couldn't bear the thought of some chav using it as their to the pub bike. I sold it on at cost to a friend of a friend who is well over 6 feet tall and I am told that since getting it, he hasn't ridden on any of his other 3 cycles as he loves the Condor so much.

Interestingly, the top tube length on the 46cm and 49cm only vary by 5mm and in themselves are quite long for that size of frame. The 3cm difference is in the seat tube length, this easily solved by a slightly higher seat post, if you prefer saddle and bars to be of a similar height, spacers on the steerer will sort that out, in other words I think it will fit you. Far better to ride a bike that is a tad on the smaller size than larger. My ideal size frame is 61cm but the bike I ride the most is 58cm, in my case I just have a longer stem. Give it a try and if you can take someone along who knows what they are doing.

Top Bottom