Condor Frames.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
A bit late to the party, as you do seem to have made up your mind but I have a Fratello, in a gorgeous dark green colour. :wub: It's a lovely bike to ride and I used it as my audax bike and, with Brooks saddle (yes and a Carradice saddlebag ... ;)) have done many miles on it. :bicycle: It's a very nice comfy ride and the difference between it and my much older alumini-framed hybrid is very noticeable when riding over Edinburgh's cobbles ! They are certainly one of the audax-riders favourites.

@User46386 - being over 12 inches taller than you, I don't think mine would be much use for a test ride :laugh:.

vickster

Legendary Member
Thanks for that, If I can manage to squeeze a visit in, I will ask them again, what they think. I will also ask if they have any cosmetic seconds in ever.
If they have one in each / either size on the shop floor, ask them to put it on the turbo for you :smile:. I'd avoid going on a Saturday as they are rather busy (being closed on Sunday)

vickster

Legendary Member
Its Wed the 13th that I'm in London.There doesnt seem to be alot of these coming up 2nd hand at all. If I'd be after an Allez or something I'd easily have got one by now.
I'm surprised you've managed to wait three years when you could have been out enjoying it :smile: (then not everyone is as impulsive as me)

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Did you build yours up from scratch? or buy it as a full bike?
Sadly, it was in my less experienced days :sad: and my first 'proper' bike, so I bought it ready-sized after a Bike Fit by Paul Hewitt in Preston ... err it's a longish story :blush:.

Since then I have done all my own work on it and learnt most of what I know through it ! :thumbsup: Only things I have never attempted are BB and headsets.

Not ridden it much over the last 3 years due to shoulder injury but I'm hoping to get back on it this year. :bicycle:

Kentman

I picked up an old Condor in 531ST tubing for £15 a few months ago. I guess it was a fast commuter/touring model from late 70's or early 80's.A lovely retro 12 speed with down shifters. It was absolutely huge so no use to me at all - but I couldn't bear the thought of some chav using it as their to the pub bike. I sold it on at cost to a friend of a friend who is well over 6 feet tall and I am told that since getting it, he hasn't ridden on any of his other 3 cycles as he loves the Condor so much.

Bit of a long shot but does your friend of a friend still have the condor? Thanks!

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
apologies didn't see this reply, if by any chance he is interested in selling it could you please let me know. Much appreciated!

I very much doubt that he would want to sell it - but will message him to see.
Take no reply as no.

Top Bottom