Condor Supremacy track pump - any experiences?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Here, £45..

0000008469_1200x.jpg

Granted I'm sucked in by the aesthetic and apparently sturdy, mostly ally construction in the face of all the brightly-coloured plastic efforts.. however can't find any online reviews. Condor seem like a decent shop / brand, however I'm a bit skeptical regarding parts availability etc given how niche it apparently is compared to more established offerings.

Probably unlikely but I'd love some feedback if anyone has any hands-on experience as I could really do with a track pump and this is the only one I've encountered that moves me to actually part with some cash..

Sharky

Guru
Mine was from Aldi or Lidl and has been very sturdy. Was less than £20 when I bought it.

£45! - guess that's inflation for you.

vickster

Legendary Member
Here, £45..

View attachment 697369

Granted I'm sucked in by the aesthetic and apparently sturdy, mostly ally construction in the face of all the brightly-coloured plastic efforts.. however can't find any online reviews. Condor seem like a decent shop / brand, however I'm a bit skeptical regarding parts availability etc given how niche it apparently is compared to more established offerings.

Probably unlikely but I'd love some feedback if anyone has any hands-on experience as I could really do with a track pump and this is the only one I've encountered that moves me to actually part with some cash..

I have a similar one that I got years and years ago for £20 in a Pearson warehouse sale.
The head is a bit fiddly for the Brompton but it’s bigger and plasticky.
I’m on holiday or I’d post a pic

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The Condor pump does look very good but I have never used one so I can't comment on how good it is.

Mine was from Aldi or Lidl and has been very sturdy. Was less than £20 when I bought it.

I have a very chunky and well-made Specialized track pump here in Yorkshire which I have been using for about 15 years. I think that I paid around £40 for it then! It was a good buy, lasting over 10 years before the bit that attaches to the valve broke. I can't remember if I tried to get the proper part for it but ended up fitting a cheap generic part that I bought on eBay. It looked like it might pop off the hose at some point so I securely attached it with duct tape. It hasn't budged and the pump is working as well as ever.

I have a second track pump in Devon. That is an Aldi special and I got it for only £6.99! It definitely isn't as a well made as an expensive pump but it works ok and if it lasts for at least (say) 3 years then it will have been a good buy. Given that I only spend 10% of my time down there and I am getting on in years, the pump will probably outlast me!

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Can't imagine it's their own design and manufacture so you'll likely find the same elsewhere if you look, and at a cheaper price.
Isn't Joe Blow the one to beat, around £30 on the evilbay. Funnily enough my local bike guy has just got one and he's quite impressed.

I'm sure it's that wooden handle that's drawn you in @wafter ^_^

Last edited:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy

They’ve been pumping up the prices

OP
OP
wafter

wafter

Cheers guys - that panned out far better than I ever could have hoped for :becool:

Looks the same as the Boardman pump that I bought from Halford about 5 years ago which has given sterling service over the period and shows no sign of giving up yet!
Also looks to be the same as the Lifeline Professional Track Pump:
https://www.wiggle.com/p/lifeline-professional-track-pump
Thanks - that's great information! They certainly all appear to be the same and the Lifeline version has largely got great reviews; don't see much point holding out for anything btter at that price point (or above) tbh so will get one bought 👍

Can't imagine it's their own design and manufacture so you'll likely find the same elsewhere if you look, and at a cheaper price.
Isn't Joe Blow the one to beat, around £30 on the evilbay. Funnily enough my local bike guy has just got one and he's quite impressed.

I'm sure it's that wooden handle that's drawn you in @wafter ^_^
Indeed - as above / suspected it seems they're a generic pump bought in and rebranded. Can't find a (much) cheaper alternative though and tbh looks like decent value as it is.

I've been fairly impressed by a mate' s Joe Blow in use, although I'm not a fan of it's placcy construction or aesthetic.

Wood certainly helps but I like the aesthetic as a whole (clean, elegant, understated) while it looks pretty well put together..

Thanks - ordering from Condor anyway however and prefer the Condor branding; so happy to go in this direction :smile:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I have a rebranded on like the one in the op, I althave the Joe Blow, I much prefer the latter, much quicker to pump and I’ve had it about 15 years.

vickster

Legendary Member
Just make sure you get the right Joe Blow, the max I had was utterly useless for 23-25mm road tyres if you wanted more than 80psi!

Gunk

Guru
I’ve got a Beto track pump which is now about 10 years old, they’re not cheap but a lovely well made reliable bit of kit.

IMG_0921.jpeg

OP
OP
wafter

wafter

As a follow-up the pump arrived and is pretty much as expected.

It's very lightweight and tbh feels about right for the price point. Finish is generally decent and aesthetics are nice, but it's low-end pricing is betrayed by a few points - such as the slop between the pump shaft and plastic bush in the top of the outer tube that allows it to rattle.

Construction and materials generally seem decent and the valve adaptor is a nice piece of work; although you need to watch your knuckles if holding it when operating the lever lock to release it from the valve. The long hose is appreciated and the gauge clear / easy to read.

The base plate appears to be a hollow alloy casting giving access to the gauge from underneath; which looks like it might be of standard size and fitting type, should it require replacement in future. It looks relatively easy to strip (although irritatingly the top bush has three peg holes, which might prove difficult to replicate in a removal tool) and hopefully contains standard size O-rings that can be easily sourced in future.

Not that it's probably a very helpful comparison for most, but it took around 18 strokes to get a flat 35mm Brompton tyre up to about 80psi.

I've not used it a whole lot but so far my experience has been largely positive :smile:

Last edited:
Top Bottom