Conflict de-escalation

Discussion in 'Advocacy and Cycling Safety' started by Arjimlad, 11 Feb 2019.

1. Arjimlad

Arjimlad Tights of Cydonia

Milzy, Edwardoka, tom73 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Drago

Drago Guru

You get too close to be punched....but by entering the fighting arc you make yourself vulnerable to weapons and other empty hand, elbow, knee or foot strikes, and deprive yourself of reaction time. Brave, but very foolhardy. I'd have let him blow goats to his hearts content while i rode away.

xzenonuk, Milzy, cyberknight and 5 others like this.
  3. Poacher

Poacher Gravitationally challenged member

In so much of a hurry, he stopped to argue! Hope this has been reported to plod.

4. dave r

dave r Dunking Diddy Dave Pedalling Pensioner

I'll have to keep an eye out for him, thats a road I use.

Last edited: 11 Feb 2019
    Milzy, Glow worm and Drago like this.
  5. glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist Charming but somewhat feckless

When they stop that quickly, you know they did it on purpose to get the reaction.
    He was just waiting for that shout as his excuse to get out and start shouting, as though he was somehow a victim.
    daffodil.

xzenonuk, Milzy, Tizme and 1 other person like this.
  6. Drago

Drago Guru

In your van? ;)

Andy in Germany and roadrash like this.
  7. Glow worm

Glow worm Guru

The only good thing is that angry little turd in the van is heading for an early grave. Admirable restraint by the riders. They almost seemed to deal with the half-wit with a resigned weariness as in- here's another one- sigh....

8. cyberknight

cyberknight Wibble

indeed
    When many moons ago i was a wing chun practitioner my favourite range was exactly that , cant beat a good bit of lap sau.
    Interestingly enough i havent had a near miss in a couple of years , last one to do the screech to a halt and block the road followed the normal routine of sexual orientation questioning .
    A good % of people doing this are liable to be blow hards but you never know when a real nutter will appear, in that situation i would have stood united as a group just in case .

Milzy likes this.
  9. Slick

Slick Veteran

Looks to me like the rider was always vulnerable to a right hook if the old boy fancied it. He obviously didn't though and was quite appreciative that someone was holding him back.

I actually felt a bit sorry for him.

10. Drago

Drago Guru

Why they didn't just ride around him and carry on I simply don't know. Theyd have only complained if he'd twotted them.

11. straas

straas Über Member

I wouldn't suggest inviting another close pass.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice