Conscience!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
jiggerypokery said:
.... whilst I'm not proud of making the woman cry (I was mortified to be honest) the message may have got home this time.
Serves her bloody right.

My mate was offed last week (knocked unconcious) by someone who didn't bother to stop (it was witnessed by a vehicle behind who did stop, called an ambulance etc).

How bloody cold do you have to be to hit someone and just bugger off? How empty do you have to be to not think that someone could be waiting anxiously for the person you hit to get home?

I don't know why I'm surprised, having been left in the road once myself, and having read this at the start of the year.

Maz

Guru
jiggery - what was your reaction once she burst into tears? Were you shocked?

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
I think it's a good idea to personalise these incidents. I cycled past the scene of an "accident" this morning. Police sign up asking for witnesses and flowers on the grass. Checked news sites and a car was overtaking a motorbike last week, clipped the kerb, rolled and passenger was killed. The bit of road where it happened is single lane reduced from from dual where i regularly get close-passed by lorries and coaches at speed.

Makes you wonder if the families would allow a picture of the victim to be displayed, along with the circumstances would it make people think ?

Top Bottom