Considerate drivers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I always make a point in raising my hand to a considerate motorist - like those who see you filtering on the inside/outside and move to give you room... that way they will continue to do it, and makes them feel 'good' !

Before xmas I decided I couldn't change the roads to be cycle friendly and changed my attitude

Same here although im not so good with idiot peds sorry.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Chill... my 'wow you have got to be kidding'... shout this week stopped a transit van from taking me out...... I didn't really have time to say much more as I was about to broadside the transit pickup..... fortunately said fool heard me and slammed on, locking up his wheels... didn't have to use too much foul language..... just 'f'in ell when I found I was in too huge a gear to get going again.....

515mm

Many considerate drivers around today, which rather made the peanuts stand out like a ballsack on a bulldog.

Funny how it's always a young bloke in a rusty white van, crappy old Peugeot or truly tacky BMW. Had the full set of dangerous overtaking, poor/dangerous road positioning and "get on the cyclepath!" today. Oh and bus drivers who can't remember that their vehicle is actually a bit longer than ten feet ffs.

*sigh*

Still, the car driver who had her MG Rover written off on Wednesday morning was bloody glad I stopped and offered to 'be her witness' and directed traffic for 25 minutes until the Law turned up. Turns out the 45 year old 4x4 driver who, whilst trying to overtake me on a narrow country lane, on a bend mind, took out the entire driver's (nearside?) side of poor Kathryn's pride and joy who was coming the other way.

This pillock of society then bursts into tears and has, what appears to be, an emotional meltdown. I find out this morning that mrs 4x4 has no insurance! What the Fu???? No wonder she lost the plot. I hope my witness statement makes a difference.

What happens when the driver at fault is uninsured?

What a mess.

515mm

Christ that's depressing. Really put the tin hat on this week, what with the demise of my freewheel this morning. Fortunately, only thirty yards from work.

Thanks Tynan.

Arch

Married to Night Train
515mm said:
Christ that's depressing. Really put the tin hat on this week, what with the demise of my freewheel this morning. Fortunately, only thirty yards from work.

Thanks Tynan.

Yeah, still I understand that the poor victim will be able to claim from a central fund, so won't be left out of pocket at least?

Tynan said:
they'll get a small fine and some points

that's why people do it so much

They'l get 6 or 8 penalty points and a fine up to £5000 ... in the eye's of the courts driving with no insurance is the next step down from drink driving

Simon

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
515mm said:
Funny how it's always a young bloke in a rusty white van, crappy old Peugeot or truly tacky BMW.

True.

Went out for my second 'get back into it and get some fitness back' run today.

Approached a hamlet which has a double solid white line down the middle of the road. Mr Big 4x4 stayed well behind me all the way through. Realised I'd got a decent driver behind me so stayed in secondary. As the line became broken (with a clear road ahead) I put up my hand as a 'thankyou'.

I got a wave and a quick beep as he passed :laugh:

Noticed loads of drivers, definitely the majority, passed by completely crossing onto the RHS of the road:smile:

Few miles on - approaching the crest of a hill, its quite a sharp crested hill, on a national speed limit road. Solid double white lines again

With the higher position of a cyclist I can see there's traffic approaching from the other side. I'm in strong secondary approaching primary as I'm on the crest.

I get overtaken (at least widely) by a speeding Mr BMW, who has to slam on the anchors and pull left to avoid a head on...:blush:

Oh yeah, on my approach to my 'cycle proper' I couldn't get to the cycle forward box at the lights. There was a car stood fully on it. The rear nearside of it was also across the solid lane markings for the mandatory cycle lane. As were the 3 vehicles behind him.

Top Bottom