Contador fails drug test

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

The UCI have just copped out.

In fairness, they haven't. Not yet anyway. It wasn't their decision, it was the Spanish federation. What's more that decision was made within the rules... whatever we as individuals may think of it.

I have a gut feel that UCI won't appeal the decision to CAS. THAT is something you could consider a cop out.

Noodley

There was a story on the Scottish News tonight about a Hamilton Accies player who was banned for 4 weeks after failing a drug test...he had taken a diet supplement which stated on the label "contains no banned substances" and had asked the club doctor to check as well...although a short ban he was still held responsible in the ruling for anything in his body.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
There was a story on the Scottish News tonight about a Hamilton Accies player who was banned for 4 weeks after failing a drug test...he had taken a diet supplement which stated on the label "contains no banned substances" and had asked the club doctor to check as well...although a short ban he was still held responsible in the ruling for anything in his body.

I also read that the Scottish rugby union team have all tested positive for Mogadon.:laugh:

BJH

Über Member
In fairness, they haven't. Not yet anyway. It wasn't their decision, it was the Spanish federation. What's more that decision was made within the rules... whatever we as individuals may think of it.

I have a gut feel that UCI won't appeal the decision to CAS. THAT is something you could consider a cop out.

I disagree. The UCI is the World governing body and whilst the ban has to be put in place by his home federation I would point out that the UCI was clearly choosing who and when they advised around the test failure. Follow that up with some very lax statements and mix in some uncertain statements and you have the pefect recipe for the Sapnish federation to act as only they can.

I feel pretty confident taht if the UCI had said clearly, any punishemt short of a ban and we will take action and the Spanish would have produced a different result. Almost certainly, a shorter ban by concluding he had something in him, but wasn't his fault.

Decision stinks and I still find it amazing that anyone he has beaten into 2nd place wouldn't be screaming the place down. Which of course leads me to another conclusion !!!!!!!!!!

fozzy

don't think the uci could of told the spainish federation to ban him, no matter what, otherwise it completly defeats the object of letting national federations making any kind of decision [it's a bad idea to let national federations do that anyway, but thems' the rules]. in short, completely agree with your first paragraph, excellent point.

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I want contador to get off with it, just so that I can run up the alpe d'huez next to him dressed as a steak.

Is that a promise?

Depends on how much time I have between knowing whether he is riding it, and the start of the race, but I am serious about this

Start sewing now... if by some miracle money doesn't talk this time round, you can always carry a sign 'who has been chewing on my juicy bits?' It'll give the European commentators a few challenges!

Top Bottom