Contador press statement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
Quite honestly I don't blame them, and WADA ably assisted by the ever jealous Le Mond and the 'I run cycling' mentality of ASO can congratulate themselves for driving another nail into the Pro cycling coffin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chris42

I feel really quite sad!
The end of an era!
;)

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
Come on Keith, you need to shake off this paranoia. For cycling to blame anyone except itself for their woes is the stuff of a 'Carry On Cycling' film. They could even reuse the 'Infamy, Infamy.. They've all got it in me!' script.

This is exactly the time for a blood bath. It may not be pretty and 'due process' may take a bit of a beating, but we are all in the last drink saloon and only those absolutely above suspicion should still be standing when it's all over.

I appreciate nothing has ever been 'proven' against Discovery. But when was the last time in cycling that something that had the slight whiff of poo about it didn't turn out eventually to be an enormous deep puddle of cack?

fuzzy29

Look at it another way, team Disco disbands and team Slipstream starts, I know they're totally separate teams, but someone had to make way for them if they are to get a Pro Tour license. There's also Tinkoff, who will be after Pro Tour status next year.

Keith Oates

Janner
Tim, it's not paranoia but fact, all three of the people/organisations I mentioned have no interest at all in cycling, just their own smug self importance.

Your third paragraph sums up the situation quite well, it's not proven but somebody has suggested it so it must be true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can someone explain (again) please why the Puerto stuff hasn't been fully analysed and a proper root and branch clear out undertaken? And how come the best leaks seem to come from Germany? Do they have some kind of inside track?

I'm one of the jeering mob, rather than Machiavelian ring leaders: I just need a reminder of what exactly I'm peed off about. Thanks.

Top Bottom