Conti GP 4 Seasons. Well...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Th"Slight extra weight" is a "slight exaggeration".
600g or so per pair? That's, what, 0.8% of all-up weight? The weight of a water-bottle? Less than a pair of shoes?

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Another vote for the Durano Plus. My first set on the Viner did well over 4,000 miles without a problem- the rear's been replaced now but I killed it because it was underinflated for quite a while. Front is still going strong, having done another grand already, and looks barely run-in. Not lightweight, but they roll well and given the choice between a bit of weight and toughness, toughness wins for me.

OP
OP
lejogger

lejogger

Guru
I've just ordered myself a pair of Michelin Krylion Carbons. They've got some belting reviews, and at £20 each I'm happy to take a punt. Does look like they're discontinued in most places though, so I'll probably check out the Durano Plus for next time around...

Cheers for all the advice guys.

Garz

Squat Member
I must admit they've been good, but I have had punctures and the rear has worn very fast.

Sometimes the British road surfaces can partake in as much of the blame as the tyre. :whistle:

I have tried a few brands (not all) being the usual suspects - michelin, conti, schwalbe and prefer the conti brand. Schwalbe were good value, michelin seemed to puncture easily. I use gatorskins on my tourer now and gpx 4000's on my other.

Would still try another brand if there was a bargain on a retailers site but they usually only come around after I bought a new pair of conti's... :rolleyes:

Top Bottom