Conti Ultra Sport 23mm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tynan

Veteran
In fairness the tyre was second hand when someone at work bought a bike, he then discarded it for flatting on his first ride and it's lain out behind work for a couple of months.

But it looked as new so when I wore a hole in my emergency buy cheapo rear tyre I thought I'd give it a whirl for the four days until the weekend when I could buy a new tyre

A very nice looking if lightweight tyre, people online like it's handling but routinely complain about punctures, there's defo one with a punc belt, I suspect this one didn't have it.

Anyhow, it's is indeed a nice ride but four round trips totalling 100 miles through the mean streets of East London and no less than three punctures, I'd normally expect that in six months tops

Strictly for in doors, not even for a cheeky four days until the weekend, good news is my puncture repair routine is once again tip top

GrasB

Veteran
Totally agree I have a set of Conti Ultra Sport Kevlar (these are the ones with puncture protection), average distance between punctures 50miles give or take. I will say they were great tyres to ride on, but it felt like I spent more time swapping tubes than riding.

OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
even with the belt in?

ah well, seems people like them for turbos because they're quiet

I think I'm supposed to have locked this

Top Bottom