Continental Ultra Gatorskin Tyres?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kaillum

Hiya...

Just picked up an old Raleigh Sport to replace the pig iron lump of Apollo that i'm using to go to work on and it has 27 x 1 1/4 wheels. The tubes and tyres are shot so am looking to replace them..

Are the Continental Ultra Gatorskin 27 x 1 1/4 Wire on Tyres any good? they're only £37 for a pair?

If not, any other suggestions for these weird sized wheels?

Cheers

Andy

I've never used them myself but Gators get a good write up from other poster on this forum, the main advantages seem to be that Gators offer a excellent p'ture resistance and still roll well.

mr Mag00

rising member
used gators lots and found them to be excellent some complain of poor wet performance not something i have noticed maybe i dont hang it out like other in the wet! :sad:

yello

They certainly are my tyre of choice. I've ridden more expensive tyres that others swear by but for longevity, puncture resistance and general performance, I personally prefer gatorskins.

luther

+1 from me. Replaced my MTB knobblies for a set of these and so far they've been great. Tonight will be my first wet weather commute home so will let you know how they fare.

jamesxyz

HJ said:
My current pair of Conti GatorSkins has done over 2000 miles without problems...

+1 and not had a puncture yet!

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Have a search for some more opinions on them. I found them so shockingly bad that I gave them away after just 400 miles (quite badly cut up and having suffered two punctures)

stavros

Lots o' miles and no flats (well one actually). Competitive price if you shop around for them. They're worth what you pay...which is nice!

Tynan

Veteran
the chap at Condor recomended them for my new bike as 'bomb proof'

I found them puncture prone, very cut prone and alarming when cornering in the wet. I took them of the bike after a couple of weeks after a final scary rear wheel slip on a junction

suspect they're poor tyre's for some types of riders. fine for others

OP
OP
kaillum

kaillum

Thanks for all your replies.

I've decided to strip the bike down to get the frame powder coated.. think I'll be putting them on my rebuild shopping list!

Top Bottom