Continental ultra sports

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I'd see how you get on with them. Some people hate them, I didn't mind them but found they didn't last long. Unless you're into racing I don't think you would benefit that much by replacing them immediately.

Nearly there

Veteran
I got some free but was never confident on them being a budget tyre,I managed 500 miles+ before a flat which i was kind of expecting ive not used them since they're currently on my spare wheelset they seem to roll ok.Some sites say they have P/protection where others dont but I dont think they have any.

tyred

Legendary Member
Definitely no puncture protection (or if there is, it hasn't worked in mine) but they're not a bad tyre. My only real complaint with mine is the same as Joe's - tricky on a greasy road.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I bought some at the beginning of March. The only fairy visit was caused by inner tube being old and going around the valve seat. Have done just under 1000 miles now and no problems. I will get another set when these wear out.

I can't recommend them high enough for the price. Plus I have 27" wheels on my old bike and they seem to be the lightest, slickest tyres I could get. I got the 27" x 1 1/8". Does anybody have any other recommendations for light, slick, 27" tyres. I do have some Marathon's I will put on when the weather turns (:whistle:).

tyred

Legendary Member
Not slick but Panaracer Paesla are the lightest 27" tyre I know about. SJS cycles stock them, but not cheap.

buddha

Veteran
I had these on a new bike. They punctured twice within their first 100 metres of use. So I thought I'd use them when riding the rollers. But they squeaked like a hyperactive mouse.
We have BSO's, so these tyres are what I'd call a "Tyre Shaped Object".

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I bought mine because they were blue. and 23. and very very cheap. Despite being fitted to inappropriately wide rims (29er MTB ones!) they seem to roll along, have adequate friction to keep me upright and don't attract fairies. Did I mention they were blue?

tyred

Legendary Member
I bought mine because they were blue. and 23. and very very cheap. Despite being fitted to inappropriately wide rims (29er MTB ones!) they seem to roll along, have adequate friction to keep me upright and don't attract fairies. Did I mention they were blue?

Why don't you buy yourself some blue tyres?

Top Bottom