Continuous Rear Wheel Puncture - Help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'll join the majority is suggesting there's likely to be a thorn or piece of glass or something embedded in the tyre.

If, as suggested, you mark the tyre and tube and rim, then when you find the hole in the tube it'll show you which bit of tyre to look at. If the puncture is on the inside of the tube though, it could be the rim which is doing it.

I spent ages the other week fixing a puncture, a complete flat overnight, because whilst I could easily just shove a new tube in, I wanted to find the thorn or bit of glass/wire/etc in the tyre which had caused it, rather than just have it puncture the new tube in-turn.
I quickly found the puncture in the tube, but couldn't for the life of me find what had caused it, ended-up hoping that whatever it was had come out of the tyre afterwards - presumably was, because 300-odd miles later it's still OK

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Can't add anything ere really - tiny thorn ends, glass etc all hard to find - the bit's of thorn are real barstewards !!!! - do carefully sweep your fingers round the inside edge of the tyre to feel any sharp bits !

OP
OP
W

Womble

Did as instructed and marked out the tyre -after (extremely) close examination found the smallest shard of metal. Just fitted a new tube - so fingers crossed for tomorrows journet - cheers for the advice.

hubgearfreak

Über Member
andy_wrx said:
I quickly found the puncture in the tube, but couldn't for the life of me find what had caused it, ended-up hoping that whatever it was had come out of the tyre afterwards - presumably was, because 300-odd miles later it's still OK

possibly the thorn is still on the road, attatched to a twig. you rode over it and it's still there awaiting its next victim

Top Bottom