Conversational slip-ups!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Big Bren

I used to work with a woman who, whenever emotions were running high, would lose the ability to recall simple english phrases. My favourite;

"Oh for Gods sake - they need to wake up and smell the cheese!"

Bren

radger said:
Earlier in the week, a Russian woman on the phone complained to me that she didn't have a sword to cut up the fallen tree trunk in her back garden. I had to end the call rapidly after that, as I was struggling not to laugh.

Have you not seen the size of some of these Russian women? Many of them could cut up a tree with a Swiss Army knife.

gbb

Legendary Member
I got in a right pickle once asking the boss if i could borrow his car...

I walked in and said
'Can i car your borrow please Paul' :ohmy:

He looked at me.....:ohmy:...(no sense of humour )

Nervous laughter from me.....:biggrin:

The trouble was it fixed in my head...it got to the stage where i virtually had to rehearse my question before i went to ask again :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
It REALLY was bad, i got paranoid i was going to do it again.

Once I was at a friends for dinner with my husband, the host/hostess, and another friend of mine whose partner at the time was black. The hostess asked Michael (the black guy) if he wanted wine - there was a choice of red or white. Looking him in the face and completely by accident she said 'would you like white or black wine?' Luckily he laughed but where TF did that come from? Cringeworthy.

Top Bottom