Converting from bolt on to Q.R.`s

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

daddyshambles

Über Member
Whats involved in this, how difficult is it and are there any measurements etc i need to take before i start or try to purchase the axles. Many thanks for any help as i dont want to start until i know whats involved and know i am able to do it myself. Thank you

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
Assuming your hubs are standard cup and cone (i.e. just a simple threaded axle) then you have to pick the right length, diameter and thread. Length for rear is dependent on your frame's rear dropout distance, i.e. not the same as existing. You will see some common parameters here.

OP
OP
D

daddyshambles

Über Member
Assuming your hubs are standard cup and cone (i.e. just a simple threaded axle) then you have to pick the right length, diameter and thread. Length for rear is dependent on your frame's rear dropout distance, i.e. not the same as existing. You will see some common parameters here.
thats great, very informative thanks a lot and as i suspected not as simple a task as i imagined but yeah will give it a go, cheers

MGmech

I assume you'd have mentioned it if you did, but just in case, single speed and fixies require a track nut on the rear axle. They cant take QR

MGmech

They don't allow them because it's dangerous, you don't get the same clamping force with QR.

It will work fine until it goes wrong. Rather you than me.

Top Bottom