Converting music to aac format

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
My lad wants some music cd's that he has to be downloaded on to an sd card so he can play them via his nintendo dsi however they have to be in .aac format otherwise the dsi cannot read them.

At the moment the music has been ripped into windows media player but being a bit of a technophobe I am struggling to convert from here

Any one with an easy suggestions , thanks ?

iPod uses aac I think? so maybe itunes? Installing it for my sons new ipod had it convert all the music on the hard disc to ipod format.

OP
OP
4F

4F

Ok so I have put these in itunes and converted to acc. Now how do i then sync to my sd card in my card reader ?

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Well I have never done this but imagine the sd card will be treated as a new drive when you insert it into the laptop / PC. So I'd look to do it this way. First check the path iTunes is using to store your music files, it will something like C:biggrin:ocuments and SettingsUSERNAMEMy DocumentsMy MusiciTunesiTunes MediaMusic. If you're not sure open iTunes, select a track, right click and chose "Get Info" and check the path given at "Where" in the bottom of the window.

From your Desktop use My Computer or Windows Explorer to navigate to the iTunes Music folder and then select, copy and paste the files you want on to the sd card.

OP
OP
4F

4F

Many thanks all for your help. Paul you were spot on and it works a treat :blush::bravo::biggrin:

Top Bottom