Converting Triban RC520 "tubeless ready" wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Magpies

I'm reaching out for some information & advice. Many people have reported on this forum and elsewhere that repairing punctures on the new Triban RC520 is a pain, because removing and reseating the tires & tubes on the supplied "tubeless ready" wheels is very difficult.

Has anyone on here has converted them to tubeless? Is the Joe's conversion kit sold by Decathlon up to the job? How well do the converted wheels perform? They look to be on the heavy side even before converting, so I wondered whether replacing the wheels would be a better bet.

Thanks for your help. Stay safe and well!

gmacbike

Just wanted to say that I read all those reviews as well and it put the fear of god into me, having just taken delivery of my first ever bike the RC500 flat bar about a month ago. Anyway Ive been worrying about it like crazy, until yesterday I got my first snake bike puncture, entirely my own fault. So I dived in expecting the worst. Ive never changed a tyre in my life before, so i looked on you tube about how to change really tight tyres. And had previously researched tyre levers. So using a set of Perdo's levers, the tyre came off in 1 minute, and using the info I found on you tube I got it back on in 5 minutes. Ive no idea what other people are normally used to dealing with, but constantly pushing the tyre into the middle groove of the wheel, and pushing the slack around the tyre worked totally fine.

MrPorridge

Just wanted to say that I read all those reviews as well and it put the fear of god into me, having just taken delivery of my first ever bike the RC500 flat bar about a month ago. Anyway Ive been worrying about it like crazy, until yesterday I got my first snake bike puncture, entirely my own fault. So I dived in expecting the worst. Ive never changed a tyre in my life before, so i looked on you tube about how to change really tight tyres. And had previously researched tyre levers. So using a set of Perdo's levers, the tyre came off in 1 minute, and using the info I found on you tube I got it back on in 5 minutes. Ive no idea what other people are normally used to dealing with, but constantly pushing the tyre into the middle groove of the wheel, and pushing the slack around the tyre worked totally fine.
The RC520 has Different wheels.
See other thread: replacement wheels for triban rc520

Would still be interested to know if anyone's gone tubeless with the stock wheels.

StuartH165

The RC520 has Different wheels.
See other thread: replacement wheels for triban rc520

Would still be interested to know if anyone's gone tubeless with the stock wheels.
I've just managed to fit a set of Hutchinson Sector 32 Tubeless Ready Road Folding Tyre 700 x 28c with a quick warm on the radiator, having no were near managed to get on Schwalbe One Performance Raceguard 700x30c so I'd give them ago.

Top Bottom