Cooking fried rice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
A

Arrowfoot

I rip the top of the bag as detailed in instructions then microwave for 2 minutes .... thats how you cook rice !
You can't go wrong with these bags. Good for those who are not sure how rice comes out when cooked or do not have a rice cooker.

1638641087711.png

Kajjal

Guru
Fried Rice is a great meal and you can use any left over veg , meat and fish in it. It is nice to add a little chilli (Not the Jam !!!) to it as well to improve the taste as well as a sesame oil for flavour at the end.

For the amount of rice we eat a good rice cooker is really useful as Uncle Roger recommends :notworthy:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
If you want to be certain of perfect separate grains every time use a rice cooker as suggested by @Kajjal and 'wash' the rice beforehand by rinsing it through with water a couple or so times until it becomes clear.
Then fill with water up to just above the first joint on your index finger above the rice. :okay:

Last edited:

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
My rice cooker has been a blessing and a curse for this carb junkie, blessing because it does take some of the faff out of cooking rice, but a curse on my waistline as I'm forever cooking loads of rice, purposely leaving leftovers for fried rice the next day. :blush:

Top Bottom