Cooler helmet?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I find my uvex boss race fine and I have thick hair. However, finding a helmet that fits your head is more important. Wearing a light buff might help. Probably depends how hirsute or not you are

Most helmet reviews will have feedback on ventilation once you've identified ones that fit

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
You have to have a very specific head shape for catlike, and not really possible to try on and few online retailers

Halfords of all places are probably the best place to try on a whisper, and also one of the cheapest... I paid £60 for mine and it's definately the best fitting helmet I've ever had (and it's black :smile: ).

vickster

Legendary Member
Halfords of all places are probably the best place to try on a whisper, and also one of the cheapest... I paid £60 for mine and it's definately the best fitting helmet I've ever had (and it's black :smile: ).
Never seen them in any Halfords round here, not that I've looked that hard! I tried on at a cycleshow, very narrow odd shape I found, we all have different head shapes hence the need to try on

My helmet is black too :smile:

RebornBumbler

The Specialized Propero II suits your budget, and is very 'draughty' - yesterday was the first day that I haven't worn a thermal skull cap.
The padding is removable/washable and it fits me fine - they're not rare, so you should be able to try one locally.

Berties

Fast and careful!
i wear a mask mojito,and when climbing hard i sweat like a fat lad in a sweet shop,as long as you keep it fitted the sweat never runs down,my lining is getting aged now and needs replacing ,but still holds the sweat,i can push the helmet against my head and sweat will drip out,

annirak

Veteran
Never seen them in any Halfords round here, not that I've looked that hard! I tried on at a cycleshow, very narrow odd shape I found, we all have different head shapes hence the need to try on

My helmet is black too :smile:
Fascinating. Most people complain that the catlikes are too round. Maybe you had the extra-thick pads in the helmet when you tried it.

vickster

Legendary Member
Fascinating. Most people complain that the catlikes are too round. Maybe you had the extra-thick pads in the helmet when you tried it.
I do have a lot of hair! It looked ridiculous on me too even though I like the look of them!

Top Bottom