Copying cd's to usb pen.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I just found out that I cannot transfer cd's to the usb pen for the car with Windows 10. It was so easy with Windows 7. I wanted to copy the Status Quo cd I got for Christmas and try as I may, Windows 10 wont let me.
Does anyone has this problem too?

Have you put the cd (audio files) on to the PC first, then converted them to MP3 files? Then, just drag the mp3 files on to the pen drive? I am asssuming that your playing device in the car plays mp3 format (unlike my current car playing device that only plays audio files). ?

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Have you put the cd (audio files) on to the PC first, then converted them to MP3 files? Then, just drag the mp3 files on to the pen drive? I am asssuming that your playing device in the car plays mp3 format (unlike my current car playing device that only plays audio files). ?
Thank you, my car plays MP3 files format . I will try what you said and if all fails, I will ask my son when he comes this afternoon.

Music CDs are different to usb. They contain cd format music rather than music data files. You will need to convert (rip) the cd tracks to music files (MP3 etc) and then copy those files to the usb. I don't know if windiws 10 has a cd ripper built in (eg windows media player) else you'll need to download a free one.

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
Music CDs are different to usb. They contain cd format music rather than music data files. You will need to convert (rip) the cd tracks to music files (MP3 etc) and then copy those files to the usb. I don't know if windiws 10 has a cd ripper built in (eg windows media player) else you'll need to download a free one.
Windows Media Player's still there.

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
I'm pretty certain (although not having an optical drive, I can't test) that if you simply insert the CD, Windows will ask you what you want to do with the disk. One of those options will be to rip the CD using Windows Media Player.

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
It may be simpler to hire a Status Quo tribute band to sit on the back seats and play.

subaqua

What’s the point
Some USB sticks don't work with some cars . I have a 64 gig one by a cheapo manufacturer that works but the 64 gig Sandisk one won't work with the car.

Leedsbusdriver

Every breath leaves me one less to my last
If your Windows 10 menu is like mine then you will have to open your Windows start menu then click All apps(at the very bottom).
Then scroll to the letter W,then select Windows Accessories,click that then scroll down until you find Windows Media Player,click that and you're away.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

If your Windows 10 menu is like mine then you will have to open your Windows start menu then click All apps(at the very bottom).
Then scroll to the letter W,then select Windows Accessories,click that then scroll down until you find Windows Media Player,click that and you're away.
Thanks, sounds good.

Top Bottom