Core strength

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Night Train

Night Train

Maker of Things
Oddjob62 said:

I do those already with a 60lb bar. Not many I might add as they are hard.

Speicher said:
You will probably find that you are the only man in a Pilates class of about ten or fifteen women. Women of all ages, I hasten to add. :rofl:
Pilates it is then!;)
Seriously I will need to find out if my local fitness place do it.

Will1985 said:
Is pilates like yoga? Cyclists usually have poor flexibility particularly in the legs, so stretching and yoga type things should be beneficial.
I am very flexible. Even with work boots on with a 1" sole I can touch toes and then put my palms flat on the floor. I was doing the splits at the theatre the other week too

Ravenz

Speicher said:
...ten or fifteen women. Women of all ages, I hasten to add. :smile:

no they aint, they all over 75...:biggrin:;) with an instructor who usually could do with a 4 week diet of full english breakkie to put some meat on 'em!

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Ravenz said:
no they aint, they all over 75...:biggrin:;) with an instructor who usually could do with a 4 week diet of full english breakkie to put some meat on 'em!

I have often drawn the conclusion that strange things happen in this county that do not happen elsewhere. :smile::biggrin:

I am not 75, I am 49 and three quarters :biggrin:, and the women in the same class as me are mostly younger than me. Perhaps four are older. I agree with you about the instructor tho, she can bend in places that I did not know could bend, she is about seven foot tall and 10 inches wide. :smile::smile:

Ravenz

Speicher said:
I am not 75, I am 49 and three quarters :ohmy:, and the women in the same class as me are mostly younger than me. Perhaps four are older.

club specific I should have added.. the clientele at 1 of the clubs where I work is more high end rich retirees.....

altho annoying about seeing someone 'bend' more than you could ever imagine.. if you werent getting your leg to touch your chestie pieces by the age of 14 you aint gonna ever ever get it to do it for the rest of ya life, unless you count being tortured in some despotic country :ohmy:;)

Ravenz

jimboalee said:
Abdominal crunches No special equipment. No gym membership. Minimal floorspace required.
quote]

yeah... maybe very frugal and worthy... but nothing as sad and lonely as working out at home to be brutally honest... I shall be mortified to 'lose' my gym membership at end of March

jimboalee

Not as bad as 'working-out' in "Solitary", :smile:

P150109_1758.jpg

Enso108

Formerly OselLing

Will1985

Über Member
I was reading about the Alcatraz triathlon on Slowtwitch - said to be the most enjoyable triathlon, but I think there are 2 versions. Pretty cool stuff.

Top Bottom