Corn on the Cob

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
FatFellaFromFelixstowe said:
Frozen top of your list :smile:

Now come on lets be sensible about this. Fresh is obviously top of the list, followed by frozen and then tinned is at the bottom of the pile.
Tinned food = a different food. For example..tinned sardines (which i love) and fresh sardines grilled on a Portuguese beach (which I also love, but are rather more marvellous than the tinned variety. Same species, different food. Like Felicity Kendal (tinned) and Winona Ryder (fresh). :smile:

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Different food ? Now you are really stretching a point in a vain attempt to defend that tinned offering. Philistine !

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
FatFellaFromFelixstowe said:
Different food ? Now you are really stretching a point in a vain attempt to defend that tinned offering. Philistine !

No, it's like Felicity (clearly a woman) who offers one delightful prospect, and Winona (clearly also a woman) who offers another :smile:

4F

Uncle Mort said:
This thread is making me really hungry.

Too right, enjoying a bumber crop of blackcurrants and rasberries as well at the moment, I love the summer :smile:

4F

Fnaar said:
No, it's like Felicity (clearly a woman) who offers one delightful prospect, and Winona (clearly also a woman) who offers another :smile:

NO !

Fresh = Winona
Frozen = Felicity
Tinned = Margaret Thatcher

OP
OP
Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse

Maggie brand is good mixed with tuna and salad cream.

But it doesn't come close to frozen.

I once did a sauce - butter, cream, garlic, white wine and salt and pepper. Good but not really necessary.

Tetedelacourse said:
Maggie brand is good mixed with tuna and salad cream.

But it doesn't come close to frozen.

I once did a sauce - butter, cream, garlic, white wine and salt and pepper. Good but not really necessary.

salad cream???????????

yuk....

should be mayonnaise!

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Gone off salad cream. I droped a plastic squirty bottle with it in, it broke and loads of salad cream came it. Its stank, and cleaning it up was horrible. Still remember that smellxx(

OP
OP
Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse

Keith Oates said:
I'm another one who prefers the fresh Corn on the Cob, but I also usually have a tin or two in the cupboard for emergency!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:biggrin::laugh: - struggling to think of an emergency which can be dealt with using tinned sweetcorn!:biggrin:

Exciting news though corn fans. Mrs T found what looks like fresh whole corn cobs, but VACUUM PACKED!:ohmy: That's a new one for me. Will report back my findings. ;)

Arch

Married to Night Train
Tetedelacourse said:
:laugh::laugh: - struggling to think of an emergency which can be dealt with using tinned sweetcorn!:biggrin:

Well, like finding you have no other food in the house, I expect!

Or you could lob a tin at the back of an escaping burglar to bring him down, Crocodile Dundee style...

Top Bottom