Corn on the Cob

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Mum gets that stuff thats already been stripped off the cob. It aint bad.
You know, your body cant digest it, so after you eat it, it will be in your poo. So if you eat nothing but sweetcorn, will you poo sweetcorn?

red_tom

domtyler

Über Member
Joe24 said:
Mum gets that stuff thats already been stripped off the cob. It aint bad.
You know, your body cant digest it, so after you eat it, it will be in your poo. So if you eat nothing but sweetcorn, will you poo sweetcorn?

That reminds of a story I heard years ago about some bloke who shagged some girl up the back passage and when he took his cock out afterwards it had a sweet corn kernel stuck to the end of it! :biggrin:

wafflycat

red_tom said:

heh... My Francis has taken to eating sweetcorn. I give The Laydeez a daily treat of warm cookek sweetcorn. They go mad for it. Francis, bless him, adores his hens and will sit watching them tuck into sweetcorn with a look on his face that is a mixture of fascination & 'WTF?', if you can imagine a cat having such expressions. Now he's taken to nicking any stray sweetcorn kernels The Laydeez deign to leave for him in the dish. Poor cat has an identity crisis, I'm sure

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
rich p said:
Anyone who eats frozen ones when they're fresh in the shops should be hung drawn and quartered.

or is that a bit harsh?

Harsh but fair. I have approx 20 plants growing at my allotment which should be ready for eating in about 3 weeks time :tongue::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

simoncc

Farms near me often sell them for next to nothing. You just leave your money in the dish at the unmanned roadside stall.

OP
OP
Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse

OK so I'm resigning myself to having to buy fresh. Optimum cooking time? Frozen is around 15 minutes. This doesn't seem nearly long enough for fresh.

Simon you must live in some sort of utopia.

Corn on the cob, butter, salt and pepper. Heaven.

domtyler

Über Member
Tetedelacourse said:
OK so I'm resigning myself to having to buy fresh. Optimum cooking time? Frozen is around 15 minutes. This doesn't seem nearly long enough for fresh.

Simon you must live in some sort of utopia.

Corn on the cob, butter, salt and pepper. Heaven.

I usually give them around ten to twelve minutes, seem to come out perfect.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I like corn on the cob. It's very nice. :smile:

4F

Uncle Mort said:
Like fresh peas, the longer it hangs around after picking, the less sweet it becomes, and the longer it takes to cook - the starches in it change.

Now you are talking, we have 8 rows of these and they are just so sweet at the moment they taste delicious even uncooked. Had some for my tea last night along with the homegrown spuds, cabbage and carrots :smile::biggrin:

4F

Tetedelacourse said:
tinned is still ok, but frozen is top of my list.

What a brilliant thread.

Frozen top of your list :smile:

Now come on lets be sensible about this. Fresh is obviously top of the list, followed by frozen and then tinned is at the bottom of the pile.

Top Bottom