Corner cutting.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
mm - won't need many for that - do you by chance have sole rights on a mini plastic island?
By a staggering coincidence I do! Now theres a thing :whistle:

this mini plastic island?
1621856661334.png

OP
OP
Johnno260

Johnno260

Veteran
I will think about being more defensive in my positioning looking at the replies, I tend if I'm turning right, or if straight over place myself more to the middle of the road, but I was doing that to try and make my intention easier to read.

It looks like a possible A-pillar obscuring incident - the driver simply didn’t see him or know he was there. Not an excuse, but something to be acutely aware of.
I was knocked off by A pillar obscured driver. They are so massively thick ( driver or pillar???) but there is no awareness of how much they obscure. Modern car drivers have very poor visibility all around.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Must admit the cyclists was very meek. I’d have asked the driver what the hell they thought they were doing, cutting the corner like that. It wasn’t even a slight cutting if the corner. I guess the cyclist decided they’d just submit the camera evidence and let things take their course.

Dan77

Scary video. The guy did well to bail with the van approaching at that speed.

Corner cutting is very common. Due to the potential of this I tend to position a little closer to the centre of the lane and hang back a metre or so if visibility allows.

Also, when I'm able to on my planned routes, I tend to do a loop with mostly left turns. Always have flashing front and rear daytime lights too. Not saying that would have alerted this pillock, especially as they'd not be pointing at him but there's a possibility it would have.

OP
OP
Johnno260

Johnno260

Veteran
Must admit the cyclists was very meek. I’d have asked the driver what the hell they thought they were doing, cutting the corner like that. It wasn’t even a slight cutting if the corner. I guess the cyclist decided they’d just submit the camera evidence and let things take their course.

He may of been a little in shock as well, I mean it was a huge cut so he would be more than in his right to kick off and ask what the guy was doing on the wrong side of the road.

Or was calm as he had video evidence and witnesses, there is no way a claim for that can be denied.

Drago

Legendary Member
It looks like a possible A-pillar obscuring incident - the driver simply didn’t see him or know he was there. Not an excuse, but something to be acutely aware of.
Thats very generous of you, but watch the video carefully and we can see the driver just fine - the line of sight works both ways. The driver simply did not look, did not even appear to slow down until within metres of the bike. He was HUA and TFF.

figbat

Slippery scientist
Thats very generous of you, but watch the video carefully and we can see the driver just fine - the line of sight works both ways. The driver simply did not look, did not even appear to slow down until within metres of the bike. He was HUA and TFF.
Hmmm... maybe. By the point shown below the T5 had already rotated about the yaw axis - I assume the camera is out-front too, putting the rider and bike behind our point-of-view. Take a look at the apparent depth of the nearside A-pillar too.

I'm not looking to excuse or downplay the driver's role in this - even though you can't see through A-pillars you can look around them, assuming you have the inclination and take the time to do it as required to be a careful and competent driver. The cyclist was there to be seen, in pretty conspicuous clothing and had been there a few moments too so didn't suddenly arrive on the scene.

1621866714998.png

Top Bottom