Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Socially responsible. In the real world our company is been automated and redundancies could come. We had a lad with Covid symptoms for two weeks. He soldiered on & the manager was glad he didn’t ring in sick. If he had done it would be a little black mark against his name for when the robots arrive. People go into work with colds not everyone catches it from them. Nobody dies. It’s life the way it always has been and always will be. People phoning in sick for sniffles is costing the economy millions.

Get organised.

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...orkers-win-10m-payout-from-construction-firms

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!

Having worked in Construction, they are 'shite' for employee relations. They made a fortune out of furlough, as did many other private businesses. Glad this has gone through.

Slick

Guru
Having worked in Construction, they are 'shite' for employee relations. They made a fortune out of furlough, as did many other private businesses. Glad this has gone through.

Hopefully furlough will catch up with all the fraudulent claims, I'm reasonably confident that they will. I don't want to go OT, but its a subject close to my heart, having been involved in the dockyards and construction and benefitting from the actions of others who went before me.

I'm not a huge union guy, but its all we have.

Milzy

Guru
So we have about 50 spare test kits. If I test positive but feel ok to work then I must go into work right. Our top manager says we have to live with it and he’s right. If I said I’m been responsible I’d have all the lads taking the mick out of me and Bradford points. Then if I end up injured and sick again I could lose my job all in the name of ‘been responsible’.

Slick

Guru
So we have about 50 spare test kits. If I test positive but feel ok to work then I must go into work right. Our top manager says we have to live with it and he’s right. If I said I’m been responsible I’d have all the lads taking the mick out of me and Bradford points. Then if I end up injured and sick again I could lose my job all in the name of ‘been responsible’.

Sorry, but that just a load of old codswallop.

If you are ill, call in sick regardless of the diagnosis. If you are fit, go to work.

Its not that complicated.

Top Bottom