Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Interested to discover the LFT test results cannot be reported if one buys them from a pharmacy as these do not carry a bar code or unique reference of any sort. Presumably this means the data is no longer be collected?

vickster

Legendary Member
Interested to discover the LFT test results cannot be reported if one buys them from a pharmacy as these do not carry a bar code or unique reference of any sort. Presumably this means the data is no longer be collected?

The data is no longer being collected en masse. Although if you do use an NHS supplied test, the result will be on your medical record

PaulSB

Legendary Member

Slick

Guru

steverob

Guru
Just recovering now from my first ever Covid infection - managed to avoid it for three years (plus) but it finally caught up to me. Looks like I had the newest variant (Arcturus? something like that) as well because I got an eye infection at the same time and that's meant to be a side effect. Other symptoms were just like a really bad version of a cold and feeling incredibly tired for the first two days.

This morning's test had the faintest of faint lines on the 'T', so chances are I'll be good by tomorrow, but will still have an annoying lingering cough to get rid of by the sounds of things.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
My understanding is there is no jail, just advice.

I couldn't imagine going out and about whilst displaying symptoms, but I do believe some people will have no choice.

Yes, you're correct it is only advice, I was just having a little joke. Whether one chooses to avoid contact or not is a personal decision. My choice, I'm retired, is to avoid close contact.

My cycling buddies know the situation and I'll let them decide if I ride with them on Monday or not. We're good enough friends for the to know they can say "no" without causing offence or an issue.

Julia9054

Guru
Why are people testing? Is it a requirement of their job? Do you test for other illnesses?
Glad you are feeling better @PaulSB and hope that cough and fatigue declines @steverob

Just curious?
Want to know what's wrong with them?
So they can potentially predict how long they may be feeling crap for?
To help them decide whether they should call in sick for work?
Are visiting someone for whom an infection would be potentially serious?
Have a load of tests left from when schools were doling them out like sweets?

Ajax Bay

Guru
Curiosity - check
?Wrong?" - and what happens if this illness is NOT C-19?
Please link to a useful guideline, @Julia9054 for "how long they may be feeling crap for" if:
a. It's C-19
b. It's not
If someone's ill, how will a +ve test inform:
a. "Calling in sick to work" (just say you're sick if you're not well enough and you think it might be infectious; if you want to say it's C-19, say it's C-19: don't need a test to confirm - who's checking?) Thresholds for this decision will vary depending on occupation.
b. If intending to "visit someone for whom an[y] infection would be potentially serious" then don't visit. "It's all OK, it's not C-19 Grandma!" :rolleyes:
Tests left over - check (though choking during tonsil poking is no fun)

geocycle

Legendary Member
Why are people testing? Is it a requirement of their job? Do you test for other illnesses?
Glad you are feeling better @PaulSB and hope that cough and fatigue declines @steverob

It’s a highly transmissible virus, knowing you have it makes it easier to make rational decisions about who you meet. Without tests then the precautionary principle still applies, as with any virus. More information helps inform actions. Socially responsible in my book.

Top Bottom