Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnblack

Über Member
At present, in the UK, we're lucky. No actual limit on how far we can travel, no curfews. Even those who enjoy their own company are expected to abide by those, where they are in place.

Ireland had a 2km(now 5km) radius of your home address for all activities*, including exercise.

Just because a person may enjoy being on their own, being the quiet one in a group, doesn't mean they welcome extra restrictions or are enjoying the current restrictions. My opinion was that they will be better able to cope than those who thrive on others telling them how well they're doing, when we get to the new normal. Forget what you were able to do this time last year, that's gone.

*Excluding work, shopping & medical.
And that's not what I said, but, there are some who have actually enjoyed this last year, like rules, regulations and restrictions. They also love pointing out other people who are not keeping to the standards they expect even if not breaching the rules.

I can't wait for that to be a thing of the past. I will absolutely not forget the freedoms that I previously had, why would anyone? Just accepting that we will not be able to do those things again? Not a chance.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I was quite surprised to see golf courses closed. You can easily social distance playing with 'one other' if needed. Any 'golfers' that can offer an insight, or are you all naughty rule breakers that can't be trusted ! ;)

All my BIL has been able to do is walk round the course with his missus. He'd be in trouble if he took a 'hitty stick' with him.:whistle:

Julia9054

Guru
I was quite surprised to see golf courses closed. You can easily social distance playing with 'one other' if needed. Any 'golfers' that can offer an insight, or are you all naughty rule breakers that can't be trusted ! ;)

All my BIL has been able to do is walk round the course with his missus. He'd be in trouble if he took a 'hitty stick' with him.:whistle:
Isn't the issue the other facilities though. Changing rooms etc (not really sure how golf works!)

vickster

Legendary Member
Isn't the issue the other facilities though. Changing rooms etc (not really sure how golf works!)
No need for changing rooms...change shoes before getting back in car
Just the 19th hole may stay closed.
Personally I have no issues with socially distanced golf

I can’t wait for the gym and pool to reopen so I can rehab properly and get back on my bike ASAP.
I have no concerns about using shared changing rooms. Certainly at the times I go, there’s no difficulty social distancing, and everyone was good about sanitising in the gym and changing room.
The pool is already full of something akin to diluted bleach :smile:

PK99

Legendary Member

I suspect it was partly political PR - Toffs in Trews allowed on the golf course...

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
The people I know play in a 4 ball (which they can't officially do - but they play 2 x 2 balls but compete as a 4 ball if that makes sense) - they all meet at the same house and travel there and back in the same car together. They don't see this as a problem going forward.

Probably the game is relatively safe but some activity around it may not be.

vickster

Legendary Member
That’s not down to the golf club however if they choose to ignore restrictions nothing to do with the activity. They’re just muppets

Reactions: C R

Ajax Bay

Guru
the game is relatively safe but some activity around it may not be.
This ^^^.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation

Swimming pools around here stayed closed for ages and then reopened. When they reopened there was 'pool ready' and a series of bizarre one way systems in and out of the pool, changing rooms on the way out but encouraged just to do the reverse procedure.

The booking on systems and people gaming it booking up in advance and then pulling out meant that pools were a third emptier than they were supposed to be even under social distancing. It sounded fairly low risk to me.

Gyms on the other hand, I go past a number regularly and from what I saw outside and from what people said they didn't sound that safe to me and a fairly moderate risk of catching something if someone present has the virus. Many others felt otherwise.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Word reaches me of another well off bloke who is ignoring the restrictions.

My brother has a mate who is considerably richer than most of us, he has a large detached house in a posh part of Birmingham, and an almost equally large holiday home in Bude in Cornwall.

Not to mention more large cars - with personalised plates - that my brother has managed to count.

This guy has been tootling up and down to Bude as if nothing has happened, and also paying regular visits to his daughter and her family in Lincoln.

He's well known in Bude, and brother did wonder if any of the locals down there might dob him in.

However, he is also generous, spending lots of money locally on staff and gardeners, and in shops and restaurants.

Brother is 'very disappointed' with his friend's conduct, but is reluctant to pull him up on it because it would almost inevitably be the end of long friendship.

I suppose this sorry tale does illustrate most Covid rule breakers are probably decent citizens in other respects.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I'm on furlough for an English based company. Got an email out of the blue saying us salesmen are back on the road on Monday.
Not sure about that. My wife is shielding as CEV and Scotland is still in lockdown until the end of March.

My shitebag manager sent the email out at 10 to 5 then switched his phone off. p***k.

Top Bottom