Coronavirus outbreak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ajax Bay

Guru
A report from the Covid ARG (actuaries):
"Hospital admissions with COVID in England have increased sharply, up 41% in-week.
"Our R estimate has increased to 1.2."
Admissions regionally varied: flat in London up to 82% up in SE and 75% up in SW.
"Acute bed occupancy increased by 43%.
UK HSA national influenza and COVID-19 report HSA declared EG.5.1 to be a variant: currently comprises 12% of sequences in the UK, with a 20% weekly growth advantage over other Omicron lineages.
HSA: "overall COVID-19 hospital admission rate for week 30 was 1.97 per 100,000 population, an increase from 1.17 per 100,000 in the previous report. . . . 85+ admission rate has increased (to 20 per 100,000) and for 75-84 10 per 100,000.
Head of Immunisation HSA:
We continue to see a rise in COVID-19 cases in this week’s report. We have also seen a small rise in hospital admission rates in most age groups, particularly among the elderly. Overall levels of admission still remain extremely low and we are not currently seeing a similar increase in ICU admissions.
1691229881393.png

1691229988780.png

x

classic33

Leg End Member
A report from the Covid ARG (actuaries):
"Hospital admissions with COVID in England have increased sharply, up 41% in-week.
"Our R estimate has increased to 1.2."
Admissions regionally varied: flat in London up to 82% up in SE and 75% up in SW.
"Acute bed occupancy increased by 43%.
UK HSA national influenza and COVID-19 report HSA declared EG.5.1 to be a variant: currently comprises 12% of sequences in the UK, with a 20% weekly growth advantage over other Omicron lineages.
HSA: "overall COVID-19 hospital admission rate for week 30 was 1.97 per 100,000 population, an increase from 1.17 per 100,000 in the previous report. . . . 85+ admission rate has increased (to 20 per 100,000) and for 75-84 10 per 100,000.
Head of Immunisation HSA:

View attachment 701513

View attachment 701514
x
Two new variants of Omicron.

I got home from work, at 20:30, for SWMBO to tell me that she (& her father) had self-tested Positive this evening

Ironic, in a way; I worked all the way through the pandemic, primarily in/around an A&E departement, with incoming (positive) patients, trips to the 'red' side of ICU, with no previous infection
Likewise, SWMBO co-owns a home-care business, & barring a couple of her staff suffering at times, I don't think she lost a single client to it

I tested, after she told me, with a negative
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
I got home from work, at 20:30, for SWMBO to tell me that she (& her father) had self-tested Positive this evening

Ironic, in a way; I worked all the way through the pandemic, primarily in/around an A&E departement, with incoming (positive) patients, trips to the 'red' side of ICU, with no previous infection
Likewise, SWMBO co-owns a home-care business, & barring a couple of her staff suffering at times, I don't think she lost a single client to it

I tested, after she told me, with a negative
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/covid-again.286192/page-2#post-7080493

Hicky

Guru
I haven't shared a bed with the other half for almost 7 days as she's tested positive. She has been really rough and has suffered more so than previous times and is fully jabbed up. I assumed I'd be the first to bring it home working in a Uni however she's a nurse so we're equally stuffed!

Top Bottom