correct tyre pressure for 25c

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Citius

Unless you're in deep space there's always air pressure within the tube, not to mention any residual strength of the structure of the tyre itself.

ok - you win tonight's 'Pointless pedant of the Evening' award. Congratulations. Why not celebrate by checking your definition of 'deep space', perhaps....

bpsmith

Veteran
I have been running 23's at 120psi and 24's at 110psi. I weigh 70kg, so know this is a tad high, but I like them that way. Zonda's too, which are pretty rigid.

Been meaning to try a lower pressure and saw this in a mag this week. Decided to put 90psi in for tomorrow's ride on my S-Works Turbo's at 24mm, just as a trial. Still slightly high according to the mag I know.

image.jpeg

andyfraser

Über Member
I have my Gatorskins 25mm tyres at 110psi for the rear and 100psi for the front.

The interesting thing about Gatorskins is they don't have the max and min pressures on the tyre wall. On the "packaging" it says max 120psi, recommended 95psi. I can't remember what the min is as I'll never get that low.

OP
OP
bladesman73

bladesman73

Über Member
I have my Gatorskins 25mm tyres at 110psi for the rear and 100psi for the front.

The interesting thing about Gatorskins is they don't have the max and min pressures on the tyre wall. On the "packaging" it says max 120psi, recommended 95psi. I can't remember what the min is as I'll never get that low.
mate i had gators until last year, the psi ratings were displayed on the tyre,however they were almost unreadable as they were on the part of the sidewall that has the criss cross pattern!

andyfraser

Über Member
mate i had gators until last year, the psi ratings were displayed on the tyre,however they were almost unreadable as they were on the part of the sidewall that has the criss cross pattern!
I can find the max and min pressures on every tyre I have (and that's quite a lot) but not on either pair of Gatorskins. I won't rule out needing glasses here. If they are there they need to be clearer.

OP
OP
bladesman73

bladesman73

Über Member
I can find the max and min pressures on every tyre I have (and that's quite a lot) but not on either pair of Gatorskins. I won't rule out needing glasses here. If they are there they need to be clearer.
check the side as i mentioned,and yes you need superhero eyes to see the numbers!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I thought that most British road surfaces were as bad as they are round here? If I went within 20 psi of the pressures that some of you use, I would soon be coming down with vibration-induced white finger! I get numb hands, cramps in my feet, and pain in old fillings if I pump my tyres up harder than I do now. Also, the bottles jump from my bottle cages, my GPS switches itself off and the chain bounces against the chainstays! :sad:

Top Bottom