Corsica

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

compo

Veteran
I am sitting watching the TdF coming from Corsica. Corsica is not as I remember it. I didn't know they had roads. When I was a Legion recruit I did my basic training on the island and we never used roads, they always marched us cross country and never round but always over the mountains.

A fantastic place though. I would love to go back for a nostalgic couple of weeks, but without Sergeant Klemp thank you very much. OK, back to the cycling.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
We spent our honeymoon on Corsica and went back the next year to walk the GR20 from Calenzana to Vizzavona over the mountains. It was absolutely stunning and very remote. Carrying all our food for 8 days was challenging. I don't have a particularly good head for heights and some stretches were a bit precipitous. It's a fantastic island away from the coast.

Cyclist33

+1 - my favourite place on Earth. I went there with a mate in 2005 and walked on the GR20 from Vizzavona to Bocca di Laparu, then another 3 days on the Mare a Mare Centre trail to the west coast. So many great memories of it imprinted in my mind.

One day I'd love to do the whole GR20 :eek:

Cyclist33

Day 3 am - up 2.png

Globalti

Legendary Member
We'll be on the Champs Elysées in exactly three weeks from now and in Corsica three weeks tomorrow. Went there last summer and liked it so much that we're going again.

Edit: I've suffered the filthy mouldering Sheraton hotel in Lagos for about 150 weeks of my life and have accumulated a pile of loyaly points so we've blow the lot on two nights in a posh hotel 30 metres from the Champs Elysées.

Top Bottom