Cost of Lurpak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

figbat

Slippery scientist
Never bought butter or margarine, why would anyone want to put a layer of grease on their bread or toast? đŸ˜‚
Real answer? For waterproofing. These days it more about taste and common practice but the reason it started was to protect the delicate bread structure from meat juices that would cause it to go floppy and disintegrate.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Wth man! You made me read all of that and THEN you mention its the Daily Mirror?

its also been on the bbc news today and good morning britain, since i made the original post.........

lazybloke

Considering a new username
The Sains equivalent often has a v slightly rancid flavour - I suppose they use cheap/old ingredients.
Never had that problem with the Lidl equivalent, which is the cheapest of the three.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
We have Lurpak - it's expensive but so worth it.
Anyway... my OH picked up what we thought was a big tub bargain a few weeks ago in The Range (I know, I know but we went there for odds and ends for the garden or toilet brushes or something). Turns out when we got home the £5.25 discount sticker was not honored at the till and it went through at £7.xx (bandits!) I don't think I have ever paid as much for butter :ohmy:

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
It's worth paying for good butter IMO. Love the crunch of the salt crystals.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
They do occasionally have Lurpak in the supermarket but it’s usually European brands. Our local has a tie up with Waitrose so get alot of their dairy products.

Top Bottom