Cost of Lurpak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Why are people in the media moaning about Lurpak costing £7.25 for 750g, but are not moaning about the same cost for 750g ( 3 x 250g blocks) for the same price for proper salted butter?? i dont get it

( but on asda website lurpak is £6 and a block of butter at 250g is £2......so both £6 for 750grammes )

it is the daily mirror though

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Even when it was £5 for 750g it was expensive. I've moved over to Nordpak now. Not as nice but I can stomach the price, and it's a sight better than Willow :okay:

a.twiddler

Veteran
First I've heard of it. From my own observations while shopping, part of the general trend in prices of everything going onward and upward.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Even when it was £5 for 750g it was expensive. I've moved over to Nordpak now. Not as nice but I can stomach the price, and it's a sight better than Willow :okay:

£2.15 for 500g is defo better than 4.99 for lurpak in morrison for 500g......

potsy

Rambler
I only ever buy it when it's on 'offer' in Tesco, won't bother now at those prices!
Don't use much anyway so will go for either Nordpak or Anchor (on offer right now)

OP
OP
J

jowwy

going back a couple of years but i wouldn't even pay £3.80 for 500g of Lurpak... i'd wait until Tesco's had their 2 for £5 offer on. If they can sell it for £2.50 they were clearly taking the p!ss with the £3.80 tag

ive always bought real butter in 250g blocks ( salted) and they are between £2 and £2.50.....i may try nordpak next time we shop ( we shop fortnightly)

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
blended butter is no substitute for real butter if that's your thing.

Never bought butter or margarine, why would anyone want to put a layer of grease on their bread or toast? 😂

tongue lube :rolleyes:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I buy whatever is the cheapest in Morrisons. Currently Willow butter at 1.20 for 200 grams. Personally I couldn't care less about anything else. If you are not prepared to pay the price then buy something else which I do.:laugh:

It's just more people complaining just because they can and it seems to be the society we live in today.

mustang1

Legendary Member
Why are people in the media moaning about Lurpak costing £7.25 for 750g, but are not moaning about the same cost for 750g ( 3 x 250g blocks) for the same price for proper salted butter?? i dont get it

( but on asda website lurpak is £6 and a block of butter at 250g is £2......so both £6 for 750grammes )

it is the daily mirror though

Wth man! You made me read all of that and THEN you mention its the Daily Mirror?

Top Bottom