Cougar Appreciation.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
@MarkinOz some Cougars were made by Paul Donohue
I'm going back a long way here, so I might not have remembered everything correctly. But Terry and Paul had some sort of falling out. I was on the periphery of things in a professional capacity (sounds posh but isn't!) The Cougar brand went off to the North East somewhere, but didn't last overlong. That was when Terry started putting his own name on the frames. It's 30 years ago so apologies if others have better memories than I do:whistle::whistle::whistle:

OP
OP
M

MarkinOz

Regular
Assuming this is a Terry Dolan build (and one built for Malcolm Elliot) but mindful it’s only a decal. Hoping that everything is in order when I pick it up.
DA54B7DA-CD50-486F-B3BE-5E096CD1B490.jpeg

7F37BF6B-55F4-4EBD-BED9-0C706AB09F47.jpeg

I’m struggling to remember who posted it but there was a thread a little while ago where a CCer was doing some work in the house of a middle aged lady whose husband had died and he noticed a bike of this same make belonging to said departed husband in the basement. Apparently both Cougars were on offer but I cant remember which one he took but being a CC member I’m sure he took the bike.
Did he not take one Cougar as payment for the other ?

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
They could do what Ford did, and relaunch the name for a series of utility bikes but spelling it "Kuga" this time*.

Then Koga-Miyata would sue them.

*I suspect Ford did this to avoid them only being driven by 40-something nymphomaniacs

Top Bottom