Could be back on Strava....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
After months of being on Ridewithgps I've found a new app on Blackberry that automatically uploads to Strava...... I will give it ago.

Strava switched off the permissions of gpspeedometer so I went on to ridewithgps that was still supported. I did like ride but there was not enough competition on segments to make their K.O.M equivalent mean anything .....

So back on Strava (hopefully) just in time for the new bike.....

Last edited:

cd365

Guru
What is the new app?

OP
OP
simon the viking
I'm hoping it works okay as I've only just found and downloaded it, so I will try it out tonight, thought it was worth a punt at 2 quid

OP
OP
simon the viking
Fitness tracker works a treat.... And it uploads to both Ride and Strava so I don't have to add 2 figures to get my yearly total (I uploaded first 6 month 2013 to ride from Strava I wasn't looking forward to doing it the other way round for the last 3 months!)

My only gripe is no auto pause so your average speed is affected by traffic lights but willing to put up with this to be back on strava.....

Last edited:
Fitness tracker works a treat.... And it uploads to both Ride and Strava so I don't have to add 2 figures to get my yearly total (I uploaded first 6 month 2013 to ride from Strava I wasn't looking forward to doing it the other way round for the last 3 months!)

My only gripe is no auto pause so your average speed is affected by traffic lights but willing to put up with this to back on strava.....

Slightly OT, this confused me the other night, as you say strava is always 0.1-2mph slower than GC or RWGPS, as it doesn't include autostop, one of our group double p'tured the on Tuesday night and we were waiting for a bit as folk fixed it in the pitch dark but when I uploaded STRAVA and GC were identical, it was a 47 mile ride with only two set of trafic lights and I never stopped the clock; autopause must kick in when its more than a few seconds stop :wacko:

OP
OP
simon the viking
Slightly OT, this confused me the other night, as you say strava is always 0.1-2mph slower than GC or RWGPS, as it doesn't include autostop, one of our group double p'tured the on Tuesday night and we were waiting for a bit as folk fixed it in the pitch dark but when I uploaded STRAVA and GC were identical, it was a 47 mile ride with only two set of trafic lights and I never stopped the clock; autopause must kick in when its more than a few seconds stop :wacko:
Gpseedometer auto pauses on Blackberry but the new exercise tracker doesn't. I've got to be careful though as I noticed I am being a bit more reckless at give-ways (Don't worry not at traffic lights... I'm not RLJ'r)

Last edited:
OP
OP
simon the viking
Quick update if anyone is thinking of this app.... it doesn't auto pause for data in app and effects average speed in app.... but when uploaded to Strava it shows moving time and stationary time and alters average speed accordingly.... so everything's smashing:thumbsup:

dadayosang

me too,I have a colleague who use a Blackberry and wanted to use Strava.thanks
22.gif

D

Deleted member 20519

I've got to revert back to my Blackberry since I sold my Garmin. I was using GPS Logger 2 before but it was a pain having to export the gpx file then copy onto my computer and then upload it. This Fitness Tracker with the auto uploader sounds like a good deal for 2 quid.

D

Deleted member 20519

My only gripe is no auto pause so your average speed is affected by traffic lights but willing to put up with this to be back on strava.....

Doesn't Strava show you your total time as well as your moving time? I thought it automatically figures out how long you were stopped for and calculates your average speed with that in mind.

OP
OP
simon the viking
Doesn't Strava show you your total time as well as your moving time? I thought it automatically figures out how long you were stopped for and calculates your average speed with that in mind.
I was going to PM you to see if this app was of interest to you but you beat me to it by reading thread

The app only shows total time and includes time stopped in average speed but when uploaded to Strava, it shows both times (total and moving) but shows average speed based on moving time only.

hope this helps

Top Bottom