Could cyclists get any lower?!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PK99

Legendary Member
sewer ride.png

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Damn, that looks fun.
I can look out of my office window right now and see the works for the part of the tunnel in this neck of the woods.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
You'd have to rock from side to side like the Minis in The Italian Job.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I worked on secondment to Thames Water back in 2011 for 6 months on this, would have loved to do this.
A short while ago, the entire M32 into Bristol was shut for about 24 hours for works in the pandemic. Some folk cycled & skateboarded down it, wish I'd done that just for the memory. I did a night shift once on the M4 outside Swindon, they shut a section between junctions. I collected a water bowser from J17, had permission to drive through the traffic management barriers (thoughtfully opened for me) and found myself driving towards London on the wrong side of the M4, essentially in the fast lane. Even though I knew the TM was on at the other junction, driving along to site in the gathering gloom, I expected a ton of traffic coming headlong towards me :eek:

D

Deleted member 26715

I worked on secondment to Thames Water back in 2011 for 6 months on this, would have loved to do this.
A short while ago, the entire M32 into Bristol was shut for about 24 hours for works in the pandemic. Some folk cycled & skateboarded down it, wish I'd done that just for the memory. I did a night shift once on the M4 outside Swindon, they shut a section between junctions. I collected a water bowser from J17, had permission to drive through the traffic management barriers (thoughtfully opened for me) and found myself driving towards London on the wrong side of the M4, essentially in the fast lane. Even though I knew the TM was on at the other junction, driving along to site in the gathering gloom, I expected a ton of traffic coming headlong towards me :eek:

Sometime in the early 00's of this century I went to the Silverstone F1 on a motorbike, when you came out they had closed both lanes of the dual carriageway coming back to the M1 it felt really weird riding on the wrong side of the dual carriageway overtaking cars that were on the 'correct' side of the dual carriageway.

Top Bottom