could he be any good ????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
amnesia said:
I even shed a little tear in pt2 on New Year's Day when Dr? was going back and seeing all his friends before he died ;)

Me too ...

I think I'm someone who doesn't always like change but often accepts it once its happened. I remember dreading the change from Christopher E. to David T., and in the end I much preferred him as the Doctor. So I will wait and see what Matt Smith is like, and allow myself some time to get to know the new Dr Who before I make any judgements.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
amnesia said:
I even shed a little tear in pt2 on New Year's Day when Dr? was going back and seeing all his friends before he died ;)

Me too ...

I think I'm someone who doesn't always like change but often accepts it once its happened. I remember dreading the change from Christopher E. to David T., and in the end I much preferred him as the Doctor. So I will wait and see what Matt Smith is like, and allow myself some time to get to know the new Dr Who before I make any judgements.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
rh100 said:
They are back in the next series....

Whatever you do... DON'T BLINK :biggrin:

I think the revised Dr Who has been fab, Ecclestone really kicked-off the re-birth in a darker edgy way and to a certain extent that darkness has continued. I like the 'long-stories' that are part of each series, Badwolf, the return of the former asisstants (esp. Sarah Jane Smith ;)), the prophesy of the Ood, Torchwood, Cap'n Jack and the Face of Bo, the way Earth was to play a pivital role in the return of The Master and the End of time etc. It was high octane, hifgh production value and beautifully scripted for young and old alike. Tennant was terrific and I even grew a sneaking admiration for 'Donna' too. Loved the last episode and also had a damp eye moment. Agree Cribbins was quite superb, he didn't say much, but then... he didn't have to. His face and eyes conveyed all you needed to know. He should be a National Treasure.

So, I wish the new boy well!

Fab Foodie

rh100 said:
They are back in the next series....

Whatever you do... DON'T BLINK :biggrin:

I think the revised Dr Who has been fab, Ecclestone really kicked-off the re-birth in a darker edgy way and to a certain extent that darkness has continued. I like the 'long-stories' that are part of each series, Badwolf, the return of the former asisstants (esp. Sarah Jane Smith ;)), the prophesy of the Ood, Torchwood, Cap'n Jack and the Face of Bo, the way Earth was to play a pivital role in the return of The Master and the End of time etc. It was high octane, hifgh production value and beautifully scripted for young and old alike. Tennant was terrific and I even grew a sneaking admiration for 'Donna' too. Loved the last episode and also had a damp eye moment. Agree Cribbins was quite superb, he didn't say much, but then... he didn't have to. His face and eyes conveyed all you needed to know. He should be a National Treasure.

So, I wish the new boy well!

Mr Pig

I just don't understand why they lavish such high production standards and quality actors on a children's program with idiotic storylines. Both Christopher Eccelstone and David Tennant did a terrific job but where's the merit in delivering lines well when the lines are meaningless drivel?

New guy looks a bit Tefal don't you think?

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Mr Pig said:
I just don't understand why they lavish such high production standards and quality actors on a children's program with idiotic storylines. Both Christopher Eccelstone and David Tennant did a terrific job but where's the merit in delivering lines well when the lines are meaningless drivel?
Perhaps at least in part because (Wikipedia) "As of July 2008[update], the revived series has been, or is currently, broadcast weekly in 42 countries."

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
[quote name='swee'pea99']Perhaps at least in part because (Wikipedia) "As of July 2008[update], the revived series has been, or is currently, broadcast weekly in 42 countries."[/QUOTE]

Even the originals made their way round the world, hence strange stories of Robert Mugabe watching deleted stories in his secret lair.

Fab Foodie

Mr Pig said:

New guy looks a bit Tefal don't you think?

Go back to your Proust...

Top Bottom