could he be any good ????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
It was all down hill after Jon Pertwee - by far and away the most entertaining.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Arch said:
And is he the first Doctor to have had such warning of his impending end? That got me too, the not wanting to change. Before, hasn't it always been a case of happening suddenly after a 'fatal' injury.

Well in a way Tom Baker had a warning (more subtle) in the way of the watcher but it wasn't the same thing at all because in those days they didn't do any of these long and drawn out stuff and repetition and logopolis was part of a proper season with structure whereas the specials I think inevitably are going to suffer from different pressures in continuity. It's best to mix them up a bit anyway ;). Better than carrot juice, carrot juice, carrot juice :angry:.

P.S. If anyone wants to watch a previous regeneration MSN player have a contract for classic doctor who episodes and added Planet of the Spiders a couple of months back.

rh100

I really got into it when it was relaunched, wasn't sure about Tennant but he proved me wrong - I thought he was excellent, he really made the role his own which i guess is difficult to do when so many have done it before (even though mostly poor). The sidekicks have been a bit cheesy, and I wish they would stop going back to the old sidekicks as they don't really add anything.

I didn't see Hamlet, but have seen him in a couple of shows, there was one series where he was a DJ in a hospital and another one off where he played the part of someone recovering brain injury - exceptional acting IMO.

As already said, the main writer is outgoing aswell, and I doubt the new Doctor will be able to make up for it. It seems they are following formula a bit, why not someone totally different - now how about Bill Bailey?? :angry:

jonesy

Guru
ASC1951 said:

I suspect Russell T Davies leaving will have a far greater impact than any change of cast.

Yes, though I'm quite hopeful as his replacement, Steve Moffat, wrote some of the cleverest stories of the new Dr Who series, including The Empty Child and Silence in the Library. Overall I think RTD did a great job of bringing it back, but time for a change now.

OP
OP
jig-sore

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
actually i quite liked Sylvester McCoy :angry:

and there's nothing wrong with Freema Agyeman ;)

i have to agree that all the "going back to the old assistants" was getting a bit boring and in my opinion that whole section spoilt the new year show.

i don't think any one actor should be bigger than Dr who as a whole, and David Tennant was right to leave when he did. David was/is a great actor and i loved the way he could get ten different emotions into 30 seconds of dialogue.

yes Matt Smith deserves a chance, lets hope he's up to the job

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Getting fed up of the over-blown Russell T Davis production. I think (hope) that Stephen Moffat will be a breath of fresh air.

They have said good things about Matt Smith, and just hoping that this isn't just hype.

Thought that Christopher Ecclestone was superb - just about balanced cosy dependability with a crazy unhinged air.

How about him having more than one companion?

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Wasn't it Stephen Moffat who did that episode where the statues came to life if you didn't watch them? Scared the crap out of my 10 year old...

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Wasn't it Stephen Moffat who did that episode where the statues came to life if you didn't watch them? Scared the crap out of my 10 year old...

rh100

[quote name='swee'pea99']Wasn't it Stephen Moffat who did that episode where the statues came to life if you didn't watch them? Scared the crap out of my 10 year old...[/QUOTE]

They are back in the next series....

rh100

[quote name='swee'pea99']Wasn't it Stephen Moffat who did that episode where the statues came to life if you didn't watch them? Scared the crap out of my 10 year old...[/QUOTE]

They are back in the next series....

Top Bottom