Could someone put these things in order for me please ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello folks,
I'm absolutely loving the Canondale Synapse I got a few months ago and going out three or four times a week - just between 15 and 40 miles each ride at the moment, though I'm doing Edinburgh to my local pub in a month's time, 188 miles in two and a half days, so perhaps I should be doing a bit more.
Anyway, I'm having some problems with my left quadriceps - not major problems - but it's feeling it a bit. I'm worried about pushing things too much because it's canny sore.
And I have had some lower back problems historically - though these are much better after a bike fit.

I'm trying to look after myself now I'm well into my forties. I need to do stretches and back exercises each day and I've found a youtube video on massaging my quads which I'm doing every day.

My problem is ... I don't know which order I should do these things after a ride.Can someone put them in order for me please? Does it actually matter which order they're in?

Food.
leg stretches (about five minutes worth)
back exercises (about ten minutes worth)
quad massage (about six minutes worth)
shower

Interested in any replies and reasons.

Thanks - Richard

young Ed

Veteran
as you are ending at the pub i would say call into work sick for the next few days and then have a few pints by which time you will have forgotten about your legs and they will be dead when you are sober the next day and thus you can't go to work
good luck!

ok i will try to give some real advice! :tongue:
leg stretches
quads
general stretching of legs and arms and back etc (extensive)
finally back massages
drink
drink
shower
sleep
Cheers Ed

Doc333

Knight Of The Realm & All Around Good Guy
Not going to give advise on your problem, just trying to find out which Synapse you have because they're built for distance and comfort as apposed to flat out racing. I have one myself so good luck with your trip.

OP
OP
RichardWHardwick

RichardWHardwick

Thanks Ed. There's no food in your recommendations but double drink!^_^ Still, it's the only list I have at present so it's the one I'm going to follow unless anyone else comes up with an alternative and can justify it.
I do have the day off afterwards and I will be having five or six beautiful pints of real ale.

Doc I have the same bike as you sir. Definitely the right buy for me. I did the research first and I love it - my first road bike and three months later I feel we're still in the honeymoon period.

young Ed

Veteran
Thanks Ed. There's no food in your recommendations but double drink!^_^ Still, it's the only list I have at present so it's the one I'm going to follow unless anyone else comes up with an alternative and can justify it.
I do have the day off afterwards and I will be having five or six beautiful pints of real ale.

Doc I have the same bike as you sir. Definitely the right buy for me. I did the research first and I love it - my first road bike and three months later I feel we're still in the honeymoon period.
oh, food? you mean you actually want that stuff?!
can you slip in before the two drinks a food and drink?
that sorts it! :biggrin: make sure it's steak and ale pie and if you consider anything else PM me and i will tell you weather or not it's okay
Cheers Ed

vickster

Legendary Member
I would do the stretching before anything else, unless you are about to pass out from hunger. Should stretch muscles while they are warm

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.
+1 to what young Ed said, although I would perhaps pour myself a large glass of milk or a ready mix milk shake to use as an adhoc recovery drink between stretches.

Top Bottom