Could this have been stolen?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Connected to a network now and running fine. Checked, not stolen.

That's good then

Gillstay

Über Member
Why does everyone think it's dodgy ?

Have some trust in humanity guys

Cos they met at a railway station.......that would be my concern. Brother met a chap at a public location rather than the chaps house and his motorbike was stolen and he was left with a stolen transit.

sheddy

Legendary Member
We saw an episode of BBC Scambusters where victims accounts are compromised and charged for buying a new phone. After delivery to the victim’s home address they are told it’s a mistake and a crook comes to the house to collect the phone.

Last edited:

postman

Legendary Member
Oooh, I'd have loved him to turn up on my doorstep. You see, officer, he said he was going to shank me and his hand moved towards his pocket so I went all Jack Reacher on him.
Ah but which Jack Reacher the book one MASSIVE around 6'5" or the film one ha ha.

OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Cos they met at a railway station.......that would be my concern. Brother met a chap at a public location rather than the chaps house and his motorbike was stolen and he was left with a stolen transit.
The plan was to meet at her house and I was on my way there but called her from the station. She was doing some shopping and didn't have the phone so suggested she go back and collect it and meet at the station.
She did give me her address as well as revealing it on the ad as she clicked on the 'share my location ' or whatever instead of giving the general location which takes you to Google maps. I could also have taken her license plate number if I'd of thought.

Gillstay

Über Member
The plan was to meet at her house and I was on my way there but called her from the station. She was doing some shopping and didn't have the phone so suggested she go back and collect it and meet at the station.
She did give me her address as well as revealing it on the ad as she clicked on the 'share my location ' or whatever instead of giving the general location which takes you to Google maps. I could also have taken her license plate number if I'd of thought.

Aha, that sounds much better.^_^

Scaleyback

Veteran
Maybe it's a sign I'm getting old but the world seems a much dodgier place these days. Hooky gear, scams in all shapes and sizes.

Maybe you are getting old 'Big John' but without doubt (imo) the world is a " much dodgier place these days " The internet is the facilitator for much/most of this. The efficiency of the constabulary to catch/try to catch the crooks is also a factor.

OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Just to give an update the phone is still running with no issues so looks like it might have been kosher after all.
I can recommend the 7A, it's a excellent phone, only problem is the battery capacity if you're a heavy used and the fact there is no fast charger. If you can get one for what I paid it's a good buy.

Top Bottom