Could this really happen?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
buggi said:
so i'm going with scenario 2.

Me too - and most of the rest of the world I should imagine.

I too know someone who can fall asleep while being done but that is with the full awareness of the tattooist. Do you think they'd normally just carry on working on a young girl/woman who happens to nod off while having her face inked?

gbb

Legendary Member
I read the story this morning, and do find it hard to believe...but, i can nearly fall asleep in a dentists chair, its only having to concentrate on keeping my mouth open enough that stops me nodding off. I'm the same at the barbers.
Lay or sit me down where i can relax...i'm nearly gone :ohmy:

buggi

Bird Saviour
it's the photo that gives it away. i mean, you wouldn't be hanging around to have a photo taken if what he had done was wrong would you, you'd be having a mental. or even if it's hairdresser syndrome like when hairdressers get scissor happy with your hair and you're upset but still pay and leave and you don't say anything... you still don't hang round for a photo!

Mr Pig

buggi said:
the photo gives it away. you wouldn't be hanging around to have a photo taken if he had done wrong

I don't know. Maybe it still hadn't sunk in at that point, she was in shock. Only takes a second to take a picture.

buggi

Bird Saviour
must admit, after i wrote that stuff about "hairdresser syndrome" it did make me think about all the times i've been unhappy with my hair and said nowt. So whatever the scenario, not really a good look is it ;) and he should have been more responsible than to tattoo that on a teenager's face. She may not have known how to react in the shop and even felt embarrassed.

Perhaps he should be held responsible, so that in future in makes tattoo'ists think about getting parental consent before tattoo'ing young people

Mr Pig

buggi said:
Perhaps he should be held responsible, so that in future in makes tattooists think about getting parental consent before tattooing young people

Maybe. She looks in her late teens though and where do you draw the line? I'm kinda of the opinion that if you choose to get a tattoo then it's your responsibility. Everyone knows they're permanent and can go wrong. If you decide to go for it and it doesn't work out then tough, you knew the score.

A guy at work has just got a big tattoo on the top of his right arm. Of Rabbie Burns!

It's very large actually, much bigger than I thought it would be. We recon it's a mid-life crisis tattoo, the guy's about forty-five. I tried to talk him out of it. I said "Would you have wanted a tattoo of Burns on your arm twenty years ago?" He said no and I said "So what makes you sure that you'll still want this one in ten?"

He was going to get "250 years" tattooed above it as it's Burn's 250th anniversary. I said "you nugget, it's not going to be his 250th anniversary next year and you'll still have that on your arm!"

The other thing is that he got the tattooist to copy a caricature of Burns he'd seen in a newspaper and it didn't look like the usual pictures you see of Burns. It has a white mouse sitting on Burn's shoulder but unless you were told you would not know it was supposed to be Burns. What I will say though is that the guy made a superb job of it. I thought it might be a distorted mess but it's a work of art.

buggi

Bird Saviour
i want Lance Armstrong's autograph tattoo'd on my arse. maybe i might see him in Paris... better take a pen ;)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
When I was having my back piece done, 16 hours worth, a couple of times I did doze off whilst being inked. (If you want to see the work, there's a pic in my profile)

No chance she could fall asleep whilst having her face done. If you are having a large piece done with one area being tattoed over a period of time then maybe. Having a Tattoo like her one where the work is seperate small pieces over a very sensitive part of the body.. not in a million years

edit: I do have an issue with the tattoo'ist doing the work though. OK she's 18 and at the age of consent. However I think the artist should have talked her out of it or at least scaled it down condiserably.
I wanted a tattoo on my head when I was younger, luckily my artist talked me out of it and glad I am for it too. Didn't stop me getting 60% of my body inked though and If I hadn't of met the missus, would have completey covered my body by now (apart from hands and face).. Still think about getting more done though..

buggi said:
i know someone who falls asleep while being tattoo'd because he finds it relaxing and not painful at all!

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
There isn't a lot of flesh on the face so it would result in no small discomfort having a tattoos done there.
I have tattoos on my shoulder blades which was somewhat 'uncomfortable' but I do think that if you are having a lot of work done, as in ianrauk's experience, it is possible to zone out from the pain and relax.

This is just an example of a silly young woman who really didn't think long and hard enough before getting the work done.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom