Countries you have visited and will never go back.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I toured the French side which is why it felt so alien to me.

Do you only like visiting places that speak English then? :scratch:
Pretty sure they do in French-speaking Canada too if you ask nicely :laugh:
I was planning to go there in May 2020...which got rather scuppered...plan to try to go in the next year or two though.

I don't have any hankering to go back to the US, at least on my own dime. Not because I have an issue with the place or the people, but I've been everywhere I want to go over many different trips and there's plenty of the world to see that I haven't yet

tyred

Legendary Member
I presume I am highly unusual in this day and age as I have never left these shores. Only been to England and Wales. :laugh:

I'm much the same really. I've never even been to Wales but have been to Scotland.

Milzy

Guru
Do you only like visiting places that speak English then? :scratch:
Pretty sure they do in French-speaking Canada too if you ask nicely :laugh:
I was planning to go there in May 2020...which got rather scuppered...plan to try to go in the next year or two though.

I don't have any hankering to go back to the US, at least on my own dime. Not because I have an issue with the place or the people, but I've been everywhere I want to go over many different trips and there's plenty of the world to see that I haven't yet

Went to Montreal for a few weeks. I’ll never forget the dirty looks customs workers at the air port gave us. Why are you here? Brothers getting married here. Then looking at us like we are pure $h1t and like they didn’t believe us. My brother married French Canadian & she has two brothers who hate the English. The women over there seem to like us British, it’s just a male thing maybe. Casual racism exits all over.

vickster

Legendary Member
Went to Montreal for a few weeks. I’ll never forget the dirty looks customs workers at the air port gave us. Why are you here? Brothers getting married here. Then looking at us like we are pure $h1t and like they didn’t believe us. My brother married French Canadian & she has two brothers who hate the English. The women over there seem to like us British, it’s just a male thing maybe. Casual racism exits all over.

Maybe it’s just them as they don’t like him for marrying their sister?

Not sure all of our immigration officers like non white non Brits much either! (Assuming that’s who you mean by customs workers?)

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I visited Russia (well just Moscow) in the 90's can't see myself returning ever.
I wouldn't be that fussed about returning to the US, plenty of other places I'd rather visit
Hong Kong, used to be a right hoot, but not now the Chinese are flexing their muscles there.

.... just because the food was blimin' awful, I won't revisit the Philippines any time soon.
1664296900952.png

*Dinuguan is a Filipino dish which consists of a variety of animal’s internal organs stewed with blood, vinegar, garlic, and hot peppers.

vickster

Legendary Member
.... just because the food was blimin' awful, I won't revisit the Philippines any time soon.
View attachment 662579
*Dinuguan is a Filipino dish which consists of a variety of animal’s internal organs stewed with blood, vinegar, garlic, and hot peppers.

Bleurgh...very glad I don't eat meat (I seem to remember a Filipino on Masterchef cooking something grim with blood 🧛‍♂️ )

Profpointy

Legendary Member
My grandad only went to England (from Wales) on two occasions ... on the way to (and thankfully) from France in 1917 and 1918.

robjh

Legendary Member

We arrived in Montreal on an Air France flight - maybe that made all the difference.
We had a great time there for a week, including a car trip up to Quebec city and return by train.

mikeIow

Guru
Mauritius

We got married there in a fabulous beach setting almost 30 years ago, with 10 relatives/pals along….after 10 days holidaying with them first, seeing all the island. A beautiful trip 🥰
I just can’t imagine it would match up to our experience all those years ago, & wouldn’t want the memories tarnished 🤣

Also unlikely to return to Kenya….had several work trips there in the 90s, one days after the US Embassy was blown to bits, next door to the office I was working out of 😳. I was young and fearless, so it was a big adventure, & I wandered about a lot on my own over the trips, but I’ll stick with the memories.

Morocco and Tunisia, for reasons outlined earlier: too much hassle, too little safety.

To those who don’t travel due to hatred of flying or even perhaps boats….the eurotunnel is a great way to get to Europe, & there is a heck of a lot of it to see. We will be spending a couple of months as mature Interrail travellers early next year: planning should start soon 💪

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Donald Trump was right about only one thing: Mexico is a shithole country. It's population is less than double that of the UK but the annual murder score is.....

Mexico: 34,000
UK: 710

We tend not to leave decapitated corpses in armchairs on roundabouts in the UK.

Top Bottom