Countries you have visited and will never go back.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Petrichorwheels

Does it? :laugh: All it says is I am terrified of flying and not particularly bothered about holidays, but if you feel there’s some other bizarre reason feel free. Not that I am remotely bothered what you think.

good response mo, but I'd still consider places you can go with a ferry and bike - which is actually a fair bit of the planet.

Petrichorwheels

Dominican Republic.

Mid-90's, expensive all-inclusive.

Absolute doss-hole of a place. Unfriendly people, armed guards at the gate to the hotel and warnings to get a taxi and don't walk back from the town as you may get mugged or worse.

Highlight of holiday was Mrs SD getting hammered and then doing some sexy dancing on the bar top with a German Hooker called Argentina which went down well with all the guys in the bar.

Lowlight was me getting pseudonomas bacterial infection in my left eye which resulted in 5 days in hospital, which I went to as soon as we got into Gatwick on the return journey, and then 12 weeks off of work whilst they tried to sort the abscess on my eye out. Still have slightly impaired vision.

Cost a lot as I say and categorically the biggest waste of holiday money that we ever spent.

Avoid like the plague.

have now and again wondered about the attractions of that place (my brother's been, maybe on an all inclusive thing as well - but have never asked him about its attractions.
Why do you think people go?
Is it just the sun and temperature.
(as much of that in skeggy this summer surely?)
but do feel free to post vids of bar-top dancing (plus details of any future tour dates)

Adam4868

Guru
Had a couple of bad experiences in South Africa when I was younger(robbery) ....come to think of it in New York aswell and Asia.I guess the S Africa one was the most violent.All part of the experience 😁
I'm lucky enough to be well travelled and rather than think about where I wouldn't go,more how I want to go back.Cant really say any of my experiences have put me off.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Israel.
Had 8 days there on business in the 90s.
5 star hotel on the Tel Aviv beach with plenty of "me" time.
I got to see most of it from Golan down to Eilat.
However with what has happened since I wouldn't go back, but the memories are wonderful.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
India. I’ve never seen poverty like it, plus it’s filthy and they have a space program. Never want to return.
Strange isn't it how we're all different... I adore India, I'm completely intoxicated by it every time I go. I do think it's a marmite sort of experience and people either seem to love it or hate it but I'm definitely the former. I even love Mumbai, it is an assault on the senses for sure, but so exhilarating.
can I ask why?
(I'm not trying to set you up in any way I stress)
I'm interested in the answer to that too, I've been to Israel twice this year and really quite liked it. Great architecture, (if you like Bauhaus and Art Deco), interesting culture, great food, nightlife, it's got a lot of appeal.

Places I don't want to go back to are Morocco, Tunisia, and Egypt. Turkey I'm not that big a fan of either with the exceptions of Istanbul and Ankara. The resorts are truly dire.

Brandane

Legendary Member
you fly everywhere from scotland?

Are you forgetting that BA isn't the only airline in the world? And Heathrow is best avoided?
It's a bit off topic, but it is perfectly possible (not to mention preferable) to fly direct from Glasgow/Edinburgh to Dubai or Doha, then onwards to the rest of Asia, Australia etc.. Or, fly to Paris, Amsterdam, Frankfurt etc., which are all served directly from Scotland by Air France, KLM, and Lufthansa respectively. Again, onwards connections available worldwide. There are also direct flights from Scotland to Canada and east coast USA.. So absolutely no need to fly via England. Why would we?

Reactions: ACF

Petrichorwheels

What position? Did the tongue in cheek part of my post about England go over your head? I even tried using a smiley face thing, but clearly it failed.
FWIW, there are parts of England I quite like. There are parts of England I would rather avoid (Heathrow, for example). Same applies to Scotland!

smileys are far from clear.
(see the politico bit)
do feel free to name (and shame?) your favoured bits of England.
yep I do find the certain (amongst some) knee jerk anti english scottish thing, even in whatever flavour of jest, sad.
Very often a pose.

Last edited:

Gwylan

Veteran
Really? Never been but nearly got a commission over there a few years ago.

Can't think of anywhere I wouldn't visit again though.

Narrow escape in my opinion.
As a single person posting, finite term, probably fit and capable, secure accomodation, outrageous fee and significant medical insurance you still couldn't pay me enough.
It is corrupt and dysfunctional at every level that it would probably be hard for you to grasp still less cope with.

Top Bottom