Country Music Evening BBC4

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
threebikesmcginty

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Don't forget Ed. Songs from the Ark on RadioReverb tonight

I couldn't find it, you sure it was on last night!

[QUOTE 2008173, member: 1314"]I love country. Here's (imho) the 2nd best country singer-song writer in America. Nice intimate gig as well.
[/quote]

Who's your number 1 (so to speak) then Crock and are we talking dead or alive? I'd dispute SE being 2, he's much further on down my list, went off the boil after his first 2 LPs IMO although I quite liked Train a Coming. Anyway he's a lucky swine as he's married, for the millionth time or was up until recently, to the lovely and talented Allison Moorer, saw her at the Islington Union Chapel a few years back...sigh...

postman

Legendary Member
:cry:oh the shame i have been outed,i am not only a cyclist:stop:but i wish to confess i also love country music.There my darkest secret is out.:hyper:Dolly Parton,Johnny Cash,Willie Nelson.Not forgetting Jimmy Nail can knock out a good song.The Judds, another fave of mine.

subaqua

What’s the point
you all know about Gail Davies being my sister in law . and therefore Chris Scruggs ( Earl Scruggs grandson) being my step nephew. enuff said.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
damn. Buffy evening at Casa DZ. I had to retreat upstairs and establish a masculine redoubt with the cat (and, come to think of it, he's not all that masculine..)

OP
OP
threebikesmcginty

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
damn. Buffy evening at Casa DZ. I had to retreat upstairs and establish a masculine redoubt with the cat (and, come to think of it, he's not all that masculine..)

Don't worry DZ, it was a couple of weeks ago - y'all missed it by miles!

I saw most of that evening, & enjoyed most of it.
Not too keen on what I call the 'Rhinestone era' (generally the late 60's - early 80's)
That said, I do like Dolly Parton - the older stuff like 'Coat Of many Colours, & the later CDs ('The Grass is Blue' & 'Little Sparrow')

Dwight Yoakham; got the first few Albums (on vinyl)' 'Guitars, Cadillacs....', 'Hillbilly Deluxe', 'Buenos Nochos...'
Dixie Chicks - really enjoyed them in concert (Manchester 2003)
Johnny Cash!!!!! -saw him (& June) way back..... in the mid-70's,when he was on his 'SilverJubilee' tour!!

Chet Atkins, Jerry Reed, Buck Owens, Willie Nelson, Flatt & Scruggs, Hank Williams*, Buck Owens, Patsy Cline, KD Lang, EmmyLou Harris, Iris Dement, Alison Krauss, etc, etc..........

[QUOTE 2008173, member: 1314"]I love country. Here's (imho) the 2nd best country singer-song writer in America.
[/quote]
'Crock'
I'm another Steve Earle fan, but haven't seen that clip before

*Mentioning Hank Williams, have any of your seen this version of 'Settin The Woods On Fire'????

From this animation of BatMan; http://worldsfinestonline.com/WF/thebatman/

MichaelM

Guru
[QUOTE 2008173, member: 1314"]I love country. Here's (imho) the 2nd best country singer-song writer in America. Nice intimate gig as well.

[/quote]

Great stuff, I haven't listened to him for a while.

+ the whole of "Guitar Town"

Top Bottom