Couple more Lidl Items

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
mcshroom said:
Coming in on the 27th May:-

Unicycle ;):biggrin:

Oh, you git. You utter fiend.
*wants*
I'm going to end up in hospital, and it's all your fault.:biggrin:

tordis

The shorts look alright, and I have a Lidl close to where I live, so I might pop in and have a look.
Unicycle? Looks fun. But I really like my teeth and can't bear the thought of losing them :biggrin:

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
My experience of their track pumps is that they are **** I tried one last time and it would not go over 80 psi and then the base snapped.

wafflycat

Yet Chez Wafflycat has used nothing except a Lidl track pump for A Several of years without hassle, including pumping up the tubs of a TT wheel to very silly high pressures without hassle.

tyred

Legendary Member
Apparently people do commute by unicycle. I remember seeing it on a website dedicated to unicycles. No doubt, they would refer to a unicycle bought in Lidl as a Unicycle Shaped Object (USO).

Dayvo said:
Not just commuters!

Tourers as well

Touring_Goiter_brake2.jpg

buddha

Veteran
Just bought the shorts and a jersey.
Shorts seem good quality wise. Thankfully they're not cotton and are cut a little slimmer than the usual mtb baggy style.
The jersey, although well made, is much too big (I'm usually a medium - or sometimes large for proper jerseys) and this seems more like an L-XL. Also, it has a naff polo shirt style collar. [edit: and no proper rear pockets - only a small zip pocket.]

ChrisKH

Guru
When I was buying from Lidl and Aldi 5-6 years ago they had really good stuff, now there's less and less I want to buy on the cycling front. Probably just a bit choosy now.

Arch

Married to Night Train
longers said:
^ would you sit facing the left on that? I like it a lot, doubt I could ride it though.

No, you face right, note the handlebar and brake lever situated in front of the rider. You can even get gears, with a Schlumphf bottom bracket drive arrangement.

If you want real madness, look up Mountain Uni Cycling. (ah, just seen Brokenbetty's post)

I've never mastered one, although I haven't tried all that much. I gather that if you fall backwards or forwards though, you tend to just land on your feet, as it rolls away forwards or backwards from under you. The trick is to make it look like you meant to;)

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
buddha said:
Just bought the shorts and a jersey.
Shorts seem good quality wise. Thankfully they're not cotton and are cut a little slimmer than the usual mtb baggy style.
The jersey, although well made, is much too big (I'm usually a medium - or sometimes large for proper jerseys) and this seems more like an L-XL. Also, it has a naff polo shirt style collar. [edit: and no proper rear pockets - only a small zip pocket.]

bought a couple of pairs of shorts, seem ok but will probably buy a pair of humvees or similar for my birthday:biggrin:

Top Bottom