Courier bag

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StreetHippo

Just bought my Brompton and loving it, just need a bag to commute, shop and sometimes air travel. Should be big enough for a laptop when needed. Any preferences?
Looking at Timbuk2 or TNF at the moment, what do you guys use?

Stu

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
You can get a special Brompton bag, fits on the bike (on the head tube) it's quite good.

Having said that I didn't use one on my Brompton, I used a courier bag since I could use it on other bikes. I've got an Ortlieb one, they come in various sizes. I bought it because I thought it was very likely to be nice and waterproof, and it is. I like it enough. I've got a minor niggle about the chest strap design but they may have changed it since.

OP
OP
S

StreetHippo

You can get a special Brompton bag, fits on the bike (on the head tube) it's quite good.

Having said that I didn't use one on my Brompton, I used a courier bag since I could use it on other bikes. I've got an Ortlieb one, they come in various sizes. I bought it because I thought it was very likely to be nice and waterproof, and it is. I like it enough. I've got a minor niggle about the chest strap design but they may have changed it since.

I also discounted the Brompton kit as I will use this on other bikes and as a general peice of luggage. Bugaboo look good but pricey. Ortlieb are waterproof but basic (bit like me!), so many choices - keep 'em coming!!

Stu

Peter10

I have one of these and it's great. Spreads the weight off your back very well indeed. had it on my back for over 20 miles the other week fully packed, no issues at all.

http://www.gear-zone...ir-pid4938.html

race_x_air_%28black%29.jpg

On top of that, you can get a water bladder for the long rides which uses one of the internal pockets to be put securely.

1276643584-80897200.jpg

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I've got a cheap and not so nasty Schwalbe courier bag, for day-to-day use on my Strida and for posing on my fixed. It certain screams "I am a cyclist" at people. For the money it is great value. Only thing it is missing for my purposes is a mobile phone pouch on the main strap. (anyone got any ideas where I could get one from?)

EDIT: Thank you John the Monkey. What a clever monkey you are! Bagaboo.

Don't be put off by the Brompton bags!

I use the Brompton S Bag, and it only takes a few seconds to remove the frame to use as a courier bag on its own.

The new Messenger bag is even better.

OP
OP
S

StreetHippo

Seen the S bag, is there a newer version of it? Or is that the one Cunobelin?

Stu

battered

Guru
The recycled tyre bag looks good, and it's the right price. The Howies bag, well, I'd be wanting to get it at a knockdown rate because at full retail it's as expensive as a rack and panniers.

Top Bottom