1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cowboys and Indians

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Noodley, 11 Feb 2008.

1. Noodley

Noodley Guest

Do kids still play Cowboys and Indians?

Or have changing movie trends changed their play habits?

2. longers

longers Veteran

We never did, it was always Germans and Tommys.

No idea what they're doing now, they don't play do they?

3. Would a modern interpretation of 'cowboys and indians' be 'builders and shopkeepers?' Maybe not...:angry:

4. mr_hippo

mr_hippo Living Legend & Old Fart

I think the PC Brigade would have clamped down on it.
    In similar vein, do the kids have the imagination that we had?
    Four dining room chairs made a Rolls Royce, eight made a bus.
    Lay four chairs down with a blanket on the top and you have a cave, a foxhole, a tent and many other things.

5. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Yeah, my boys do all that.

6. Maggot

Maggot Star of BBC 5Lives Ballot Box Brigade

Tight git, buy them a Wii:biggrin:

7. gary r

gary r Veteran

we always used to play cowboys & indians or war,To get a game of war going we would walk around the playground with our arms linked singing "who wants to play war only boys"! when there were enough of us the game would start,Of course there were always the kids who "didnt take their shots",We also used to sing a song "we won the war in 1964"obviously 1964 rhymes better than 1945!! Things hane changed i never see my kids playing war or cowboys & indians but then how often are westerns & war films on TV these days,They seem so dated i doubt kids would be interested

8. red_tom

red_tom New Member

Who wants to have a game of army, army.

9. mr_hippo

mr_hippo Living Legend & Old Fart

Can I be Sister Anna and I'll carry the banner? Oh, I thought you meant Salvation Army!:angry:

10. longers

longers Veteran

"Who wants to play army? No girls allowed."

11. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

War or cowboys and indians were the games of choice when I was at school.. Don't think my kids ever played them though and they're in their mid 20's so I doubt if the habit has come back. Did you have 'veinites' when you were safe from being shot?

12. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Mine play fighting games, but these days it's Power Rangers, Robin Hood and Sporticus.

13. Did anyone play chainy tig? Basically a game of tig, but when you tigged a person you had to chase others together holding hands. The more people you caught the longer the chain got, so when the whole thing turned a corner whoever was on the end experienced massive g forces and often spun off hitting walls, fences, railings etc and often incurred serious injury. It was banned at our school. As was british bulldog on the tarmac playground...

Then there was raps with playing cards. At playtime people would make horrible messes of their knuckles. Also banned...

14. longers

longers Veteran

The memories :smile:. We used to play that on the coaches to swimming matches. One lad was a vicious so and so and would "step" the cards.

There was also slaps and knuckles. Never liked knuckles much.

15. Mr Celine

Mr Celine Discordian

Is that two chairs in front of a chair, two chairs behind a chair and a chair in the middle?:smile::sad: